"This role is currently work-from-home and will move to the office environment after the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted." Job Requirements:
Long Term Contract for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - Consumer Digital (no corp. to corp. or 3 rd party)
Locations: Plano TX or Bothell WA
Client Digital Strategic Platform Product team is looking for a creative and passionate Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with the ability to solve complex problems. As a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will be part of a team helping client transform and migrate our existing consumer technology platform to a modernized, cloud-native platform hosted in a hybrid/multi-cloud environment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Contribute to design and implementation of cloud solutions which are secure, scalable, resilient, monitored, auditable and cost optimized
• Design and develop solutions for Azure migrations and transformation tools
• Migration of existing platforms and applications to Azure
• Automation of cloud-based infrastructure deployments and maintenance
• Build, manage and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
• Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved. Focus on scalability, security and availability of all infrastructure and processes.
• Identifying and addressing infrastructure deficiencies, availability gaps, and performance bottlenecks
• Serve as escalation for T2-T3 cloud infrastructure support
• Help to determine technical feasibility of solutions for business requirements
• Collaborate with peer organizations, product delivery teams, and support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
• 8+ years of experience in working in Engineering or Development roles
• 5+ years of experience working core cloud technologies
• 4+ years in depth experience with Azure core cloud technologies in a high traffic production setting
• 3+ years experience in application migrations to cloud using native patterns
• Recognized cloud certification(s) such as Azure Solutions Architect, Azure Security Engineer, Azure Developer, AWS Solution Architect, AWS networking, AWS Security, or other recognized technology certifications in this space
• 4+ years of in-depth experience in core Azure cloud technologies such as: Azure DevOps, VMSS, Vnet, Azure Load balancer, Azure Application gateway, Azure Private Link, Cosmos DB, Azure Monitor/Application Insights, AKS, Azure Cache, Event Hub, Azure Functions
• 3+ years of experience building cloud automation/orchestration solutions with technologies such as: Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, other
• 2+ years designing / implementing highly available cloud/HybridCloud network solutions
• 2+ years of experience in build and CICD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, other
• Deep understanding of cloud security experience. Deep understanding of preventative and retrospective controls.
• Deep experience with performance tuning in a cloud environment
• Experience architecting, implementing and managing monitoring solutions for production cloud environments
• 1+ years Mulesoft architecture, development, administration experience
• Knowledge/Experience with core AWS technologies
• Experience with open-source cloud agnostic technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack, Anisible, Terraform
• Knowledge & demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies and practice
• Ability to comfortably lead technical demo sessions to peers and leadership
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and technologies
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
Azure DevOps, VMSS, Vnet, Azure Load balancer, Azure Application gateway, Azure Private Link, Cosmos DB, Azure Monitor/Application Insights, AKS, Azure Cache, Event Hub, Azure Functions AWS EC2, ALB/ELB, RDS, S3, LAMBDA, API Gateway, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch, ElastiCache, and EKS, Ansible, Terraform, shell scripting, Kubernetes, Docker, Linux Administration RHEL/Centos/Ubuntu, Kafka, Rabbit, Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB, NGINX, Openstack, GIT, Jenkins, Splunk, ELK, Dynatrace, New Relic, Grafana, Prometheus, Mulesoft
Engineering, Developer, Azure, AWS, Migrations, Native