Senior Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer
Prepare and migrate remaining workloads (circa 350) to Public Cloud. This role will act as technical lead, liaising with our business, Microsoft, and potential partners to move our remaining onsite workloads into our Azure Tenant. Microsoft funding (AMP), landing Zone architecture, migration partner and plans are all in scope.
A revamp is required of our current Tenant in line with Cloud best practice to enable Security, Scale, Flexibility, AI, Development, Big Data, and integration of M&A's.
Build high-level relationships within a range of internal and external customers to provide value-added and personalised consultancy.
* Act as a Technical Cloud Lead within the Infrastructure Team
* Develop and deliver solutions for cloud-based enterprise solutions.
* Support and evangelise the cloud journey and "elevate" the conversation on cloud activities.
* Provide mentoring and coaching to colleagues.
* Provide Specialist Cloud knowledge to the wider community.
* Provide Specialist Cloud DBA knowledge
The location of this role is flexible, but travel to London & UK wide offices will be required. In addition, flexibility is required on out-of-hours availability for maintenance.
Interacts with others in an open, honest, respectful and fair manner.
Upholds clear ethical standards.
Works in accordance with safe working practices.
Demonstrates active listening skills.
Use a range of communication styles and methods to convey information.
Prepare information in a manner that meets the needs of the audience.
Drive client satisfaction and retention by matching products and services to their personal needs.
Spends time building a deep understanding of our clients personal and business requirements.
Ensures internal and external quality and regulatory standards are met.
Builds a trusted connection through the client relationship.
Sets challenging personal goals.
Takes responsibility for overcoming obstacles and fulfilling goals.
Use effective ways to track and measure progress.
Looks for opportunities to improve results.
Health & Safety - Work in accordance with safe working practices, demonstrate a commitment to a safe working environment.
Data Protection - Data protection Law (DPA 2018 and GDPR) - To comply with relevant training and policies, ensuring that you process data lawfully.
Continuous Improvement - Identify ways to improve processes and service delivery.
Building Relationships - Build trusted relationships to enhance collaboration and cooperation.
Customer Service - Drives customer satisfaction by matching products and services to their personal needs. Spend time building a deep understanding of our customers personal and business requirements.
L&D - Set challenging and personal goals, use effective ways to track and measure progress, look for opportunities to learn and develop.
Communication - Interact with others in an open, honest, respectful and fair manner, use a range of communication styles and methods to convey information.
Private Cloud/Migration - Prepare a migration approach, logic & schedule determining which applications & platforms should stay on-prem, which should migrate to Private Clouds & which should be hosted in Public Clouds. Oversee the migration in line with the agreed approach & schedule.
Enable Azure Landing Zone - Deliver and maintain an Enterprise landing zone to enable scale, security, governance networking and identity.
Backup and Disaster Recovery - Design and implement Backup and DR platforms to meet business requirements.
Availability/Resilience - Implementation and maintenance of cloud platforms to ensure availability requirements meet requirements with guaranteed uptime.
Cost Management & Billing - Work with Head of Infrastructure & Integration to ensure Azure Cost Management & Billing is in line with expectations and assist with future utilisation forecasting & budget preparation.
Network and Security - Working with both our network and Information Security teams to ensure Azure network, SIEM, IDP, AV are in place, fit for purpose, scale and enable Technology growth.
Security - Working with Infosec team undertaking IT security compliance reviews (ISO 27001).
Azure AD - Implementation and maintenance of Azure AD, sync services, IAM and PAM.
DevOps - Assist DevOps Cloud engineers to ensure best practice architecture and design form the basis of any new development.
Monitoring - Working with all T&T teams to ensure the appropriate level of monitoring/alerting is in place with detailed documentation to remediate when triggered.
Efficiencies - Driving operational efficiencies, with an aim to deliver and maintain a reliable, secure and performant experience to customers.
Experience and Qualifications
· Demonstrated IT experience deploying, supporting and troubleshooting enterprise level, mission-critical applications resolving highly complex issues/situations and driving technical resolution across cross-functional organizations.
· Strong Cloud Database experience
· Experience in Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes & understanding of Blue-Green & A/B Deployment concepts
· Strong Knowledge of cloud best practices across platforms, security, and experience of delivering Cloud policies.
· Knowledge and experience of working in partnership with DevOps.
· IDEs, Integration &Scanning tools (VS, VS Code, Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar Qube, Sona Type, Vera Code)
· Proven experience in designing and implementing Backup and DR platforms to meet business requirements.
· Proven experience in Vendor Management, understanding of Cloud Contracting, Pricing Structures, Budgeting & Forecasting
· Proven experience in design, configuration, and technical support of cloud/ on prem infrastructure
· Experience of supporting technical change programmes, particularly those tasked with modernising IT landscapes and the digitisation of business activities.
· In-depth core networking knowledge; layer 2, layer 3, routing, VPNs
· Experience delivering Virtual Desktops.
· Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Git, etc)
* Experience around 0365 migrations, datacentre networking and migration to Azure services
· Extensive hands-on experience within Azure solutions, security topologies, backup solutions, Implementation management, environment management and software releases
· Strong knowledge in Azure security architecture and best practice
* Strong knowledge of Data Analysis & Reporting solutions
* Microsoft Cloud certifications: AZ-104, AZ-303, and AZ-304 or equivalent
Desired Degree in Computer Science/Technology, Engineering or Equivalent Experience. Certification in Microsoft and/or other Cloud Technologies