Job Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Founded in 2016, The Company is a global innovator in cloud solutions, working with customers and partners to deliver a comprehensive suite of end-to-end managed IT services via local teams located across a number of regional offices in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Netherlands.
They help companies embrace the cloud revolution, transforming the way IT professionals operate by managing their systems and data securely. By leading their IT resilience, they guarantee peace of mind and the foundations to scale business with a fully managed support system.
They are built on integrity and a personal approach with customers which offers a true partnership. Likewise, their team members enjoy a culture which promotes collaboration in a family friendly working environment, as well as supporting personal autonomy, self-development, and a commitment to their shared goal of delivering market leading IT services.
Due to their continued expansion in 2020 they are now searching for a talented Senior Cloud Engineer to join their dynamic and growing team. The local office for this team is based in West London but this role may also operate from home for the right candidate.
- The ideal candidate will be truly passionate about IT and have at least six years' experience in an IT technical role
- You will be comfortable liaising with customers in person or the phone (most of their support is delivered remotely) and be able to explain technical issues in easily understood terms
- You will need to be able to work in a team and meet SLAs
- Be able to work well under pressure, managing own time and multiple projects to hit deadlines
- You will be expected to join the on call, out of hours rota, and work outside of standard M-F office hours on occasion for planned maintenance activities
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
- Demonstrable expertise in delivery and support of:
- Windows Server (2)
- Microsoft RDS environments to customers (and/or Windows Virtual Desktop)
- Azure deployments and 365 mail migrations
- VMware - Experience within a large-scale environment, with a high standard of vSphere knowledge (ideally including 6.5 upward)
- Storage Solutions - solid working knowledge of at least one of Pure, Dell EMC or Dell EqualLogic)
- Microsoft Active Directory (including Azure AD) & Group Policy
- High level of written documentation and spoken English
- Linux Server Administration
- Scripting knowledge - e.g. Powershell / Python / Bash
- Firewall Administration (Fortigate)
- Backup & Disaster Recovery (ideally Veeam and/or Zerto)
- Monitoring - e.g. Nagios, Zabbix, etc
- General networking, e.g. Cisco switches, routers and Cisco IOS
- Connectivity and telephony services troubleshooting
What they offer in return:
- Mobile phone or contribution to BYOD, and Laptop
- Private healthcare (following successful probation)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Product training and ongoing mentoring from across the group
- Occasional international travel (to customer offices or group office locations)
- Ability to work from home on occasion / when required
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: DevOps Administrator, Systems Developer, Systems Support, Systems Architect, Software Support, Lead Systems Support, Coder, Software Architect, Systems Manager, Coding, Infrastructure Engineer, DevOps Engineer may also be considered for this role...... click apply for full job details