TechStar Group is an equal opportunity employer. Techstar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We are a global digital solutions and professional services firm empowering businesses to compete by leveraging emerging technologies.
Our vision is delivering cutting-edge solutions for our clients with agility, responsiveness, transparency, and integrity. We have recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of America's fastest growing private companies.
We are currently hiring Senior Big Data Engineer for one of our client at Irving, TX for contract position.
Please let us know your interest and comfort level with your updated profile, Thanks in advance.
Senior Big Data Engineer
Location: Irving TX
Duration : Long term
- At least 4 years of experience on designing and developing production data pipelines for data ingestion or transformation using tools from Hadoop stack (HDFS, Hive, Spark (PySpark/Scala), HBase, Kafka, NiFi, Oozie, Apache Beam, Apache Airflow etc.).
- At least 4 years of experience in the following Big Data Platforms: Cloudera / Horton Works / Snowflake / AWS EMR / RedShift / AWS Glue.
- At least 4 years of developing applications with Monitoring, Build Tools, Version Control, Unit Test, TDD, Change Management to support DevOps
- At least 2 years of experience with SQL and Shell Scripting experience
- Experience troubleshooting JVM-related issues.
- Familiarity with machine learning implementation using Spark ML / Tensorflow.
- Experience in data visualization tools like Cognos, Arcadia, Tableau.
- Experience in data warehousing modeling techniques.
- Familiarity with JAVA development on platforms like PCF, Kubernetes will be a plus
- 2+ years' experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute or another public cloud service
- 2+ years of experience working with Streaming using Spark or Flink or Kafka
- 2+ years of experience working with Dimensional Data Model and pipelines in relation with the same
- Hands on design experience with data pipelines, joining data between structured and unstructured data
· Familiarity of SAS programming will be a plus
- Experience implementing open source frameworks & exposure to various open source & package software architectures (AngularJS, ReactJS, Node, Elastic Search, Spark, Scala, Splunk, Apigee, and Jenkins etc.).
- Experience with various NOSQL databases (Hive, MongoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, and Neo4j) will be a plus
· Experience in Ab Initio technologies including, but not limited to Ab Initio graph development, EME, Co-Op, BRE, Continuous flow)
Thanks & Regards
Office: || Cell: