Senior Big Data Developer - 80821
Technology and Engineering - USA Oldsmar, Florida
Nielsen Global Media is all about data and the technology around turning data into Information. As a leader and gold standard in content measurement, we innovate by various methodologies, newer technologies and constantly improve our client experience with our products. Software developers and engineers here at Nielsen Media get to work on the latest and innovative big data processing technologies in the cloud. Our Ad Intelligence (Advertising Intelligence) group is responsible for empowering media companies and advertisers to plan, activate and measure campaigns in the new media landscape. We are currently seeking a Sr. Level Developer with a background in both cloud and big data development with tools such as Java, Scala, and Spark.
* Understand the enterprise architecture within the context of existing platforms services and strategic direction.
* Digest broader enterprise, horizontal view across all technical disciplines to evaluate interoperability and incorporate it in solution architecture
* Implement end-to-end solutions with sound technical architecture, in Big Data analytics framework along with customized solutions that are scalable, with primary focus on performance, quality, maintainability, cost and testability.
* Drive innovative solutions within the platform to establish common components, while allowing customization of solutions for different products.
* Conduct hands-on development of data analytics in line with reporting needs as reference implementation for the team.
* Verify accuracy, performance, scalability, stability, cost-effectiveness and maintainability of team delivery.
* Perform hands-on technology spikes following standard architecture, design patterns and company policies, standards and best practices.
* Develop design specifications, continuous build and deployment strategy to drive Agile methodology. Recommend changes on project design concepts to improve efficiency.
* Coach and mentor junior developers on design and technical issues, and support development of systems where needed.
* Setup and manage expectations with consultants engaged in the projects.
Tools Used: Java, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, Spark SQL and Streaming, SQL, Cloud (including AWS), Docker, RDBMS (such as Postgres), Linux, Shell scripting, GitLab.
* 5-7+ years of experience in Java with a mastery of object-oriented design principles
* 5+ years of experience: big data using nosql like mongodb or Spark in developing distributed processing applications; building applications with immutable infrastructure in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloud with automation technologies like Terraform or Ansible or CloudFormation.
* Any level of experience in and/or knowledge of: Hadoop, Service-oriented architecture, Kubernetes, Docker, Scala, Airflow, SQL, NoSQL,Spark and Git.
* Demonstrated ability to architect pluggable, reusable platform components pertinent to data analytics and ingestion technologies
* Demonstrated knowledge of software development technology, principles, methods, tools, and practices and industry standards and trends; and current web and database technologies.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering (any), or related (foreign equivalent degree acceptable), plus 5 years of experience in the job offered or 5 years of progressively-responsible post-baccalaureate experience as a professional developer in information technology solutions development, or related.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what's true, we measure across all channels and platforms-from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You'll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Nearest Major Market: Tampa