We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Big Data (Cloud) Developer to join our team.
* 10+ years of IT experience
* 2-3+ years of experience with both Hadoop and AWS, with work focus on data ingestion and management
* At least 3 years of experience with development and support activities in cloud-based environments using big data technologies and programming languages and tools such as Scala, Spark, PySpark, Presto, Ranger, Hadoop, and Hive etc.
* At least 5 years of experience with development of complex Python scripts
* Demonstrated hands-on expertise in:
* Working in Amazon Cloud environment (AWS) utilizing tools such as S3, EMR, Databricks, Data Lakes, AWS Glue, Amazon StageMaker, Amazon Redshift etc. Design, development and tuning of complex ETL/ELT processes involving massive data (order of TB)
* Design, development and support of Web Services (RESTful/SOAP) & Web Scraping (HTTP, CSS and HTML) ETL/ELT processes
* Working with complex file formats of structured, unstructured and semi-structured data including JSON, XML, CSV, Avro, Parquet etc.
* Data modelling using RDBMS such as Amazon Relation Database Services (RDS), and PostgreSQL, etc.
* Development of clear and concise technical documentations including data models, architecture and data workflow diagrams, design documents, and deployment documents
* Working with Git, and GitLab
* Candidates must be US Citizens (no dual citizenship)
* AWS developer certification is a plus
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer programming or equivalent training required.
Background Check: This position requires successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and a credit check.
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Herndon, VA
Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.