Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role is to perform complex data analysis and research that improves our industry leading analytics in the Risk adjustment space.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
* Understand Retrospective Risk analytics processes in detail and evolve to be a data & subject matter expert
* Research and analyze refinements to the existing processes
* Use learnings from past results to define the key metrics
* Create and automate new processes in big data to evaluate/predict data quality issues proactively
* Build reports to provide all artifacts to make fast and accurate decisions during the peak season
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or relevant field
* 2+ years experience in Big data professional work experience (not academic)
* 5+ years of experience working with relational data and SQL programming (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or similar databases)
* 2+ years of experience working with NoSQL databases (HBase, HIVE or similar)
* 2+ years of experience working on Python AND Spark
* 5+ years of data analysis experience - High proficiency in SQL and experience handling large volumes of data
* Experience with automating/scheduling processes in the big data platform with Oozie preferred
* 2+ years of experience with any reporting tools
* Telecommute with preference given to Eden Prairie, MN
* Healthcare domain knowledge - understanding claims, member & provider data
* Medicare Risk Adjustment knowledge
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: data analyst, telecommute, remote, work from home