idealo is a Berlin-based, start-up, success story. Sixteen years ago, idealo started with the mission of helping our users to make the best purchasing decisions. Today, we are the leading price comparison website in Europe and one of the largest portals in the German e-commerce market. We achieved this by obtaining more than 1.3 million page impressions per day, 58.000 Online-Shops, around 200 million product offers and more than 1 million monthly App users.
As a member of our team, you can expect to work in a self-governed, international, and inspirational environment. We are located in the heart of Berlin, and we offer a unique idealo-spirit. The employees' original ideas are the driving force that move our business forward. If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping, alongside 700 idealos, apply with us today. Senior Backend Engineer (Java/Kotlin) - Mobile Application Development
At Mobile Application Development we are developing next-generation products that change how millions of users discover products at best possible prices. We are now set to deliver a truly enjoyable shopping experience on smartphones and tablets, and for that we are looking for a full stack engineer with fresh ideas and dedication to build a completely new product.
Are you ready to take on the challenge? Do you find elegant solutions to complex architectural problems? If yes, we would like to get to know you.
About your new role
- At Mobile Application Development, you join a cross-functional team of dedicated UX and UI designers, software engineers and product managers to develop best in class products and technologies.
- We work in a truly agile team, so you'll be part of the entire development process from ideation to delivering a product increment into users hands.
- Technology is ever changing, we currently work with Kotlin, GraphQL, Apache Kafka, Firebase, Kubernetes / OpenShift, Swift, Spring Boot and the Spring Cloud / Netflix OSS stack.
- You'll design and deploy scalable and resilient micro services and applications, working closely with other teams on common components.
- We aim for continuously improving code quality, development processes, and growing the team with new ideas and skills.
Skills & Requirements
- You have solid experience as a software developer or software architect.
- You can design distributed systems and conceptualise parallel data processing.
- You have excellent knowledge of Java and the Spring Framework and ideally already experience with Kotlin.
- Concepts like software craftsmanship, clean code, continuous deployment and 12 factor apps are important to you.
- With an agile full stack mindset you prefer a short time-to-market without compromising product quality.
- You have informed opinions you can present - and respect when others do so as well.
- You are open to a diverse work setting and to new concepts and ideas.
Sehr gerne nehmen wir deine Bewerbung auch auf Deutsch entgegen.
At idealo you can expect:
- Training opportunities for your individual management or specialist career
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances
- Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own work day
- Onboarding program including Welcome Day, Trainings and individual incorporation
- The chance to work together on our goals, while also working to create something new
- 700 motivated colleagues and a cool office loft in the trendy district of Kreuzberg