Location: Remote | Los Angeles, CA | San Francisco, CA | Irvine, CA
What are we doing: We are a tech company, operating a thriving and growing broadcast platform, Alexa ranked in the top 100 sites internationally, and the top 25 in the United States, with approximately 10 million daily users, and a worldwide community of fans. Independent Broadcasters use our platform to create and share live streaming video, photographs, and similar content, generally adult in nature, (but no adult content is required).
Our sophisticated system has multiple parts, including but not limited to payment gateways, live chats, and video streaming technology. Every contribution here is of high impact and affects the experience of millions of users using the site every day.
We always explore new ways to use cutting-edge tech stack and move toward modern micro-services based architecture.
How we build the product: The platform is built on a Python/Django framework with TypeScript on the front-end. Some parts of the platform use Java, Golang, and Rust.
Top-3 reasons to join our team:
- People first culture - many initiatives that support the well-being of our employees.
- Impressive team members who joined us after working at Google, Imgur, etc.
- An inclusive environment that induces a high impact of everyone on a team.
What will you do: Being a part of our infrastructure team, you will be working with Lead backend Engineer on complex migration of our codebase to Python 3 with its further optimization. As a top-notch software engineer in our team, you will be accountable for building comprehensive technical solutions with high-quality standards and practicing clean coding styles.
This includes working on features that are supported across all major web browsers, mobile devices, smart TVs, and video consoles. As a backend engineer, it is expected to work with large data sets and being an expert in designing efficient algorithms, queries, and caching methods.
We value an initiative and are willing to support you in making appropriate technical decisions.
- A degree in STEM and/or relevant professional experience.
- Solid knowledge of programming fundamentals - algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms.
- 7+years of professional experience with Python in a high-paced production environment.
- Familiarity with Django or extensive experience with similar Python-based frameworks.
- Expert knowledge of inner workings of Django is highly desirable.
- Proven problem-solving and fast-learning skills.
- Health&Life insurance with dental and vision plan
- 401k matching
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
- Paid lunches
Our Recruiting Process: We value the sense of urgency and aspire to build a smooth and transparent recruiting process. These are our stages in the recruiting process: phone screen with a recruiter, resume review by our hiring manager, first technical interview with a backend team lead to test your knowledge of Python/Django, 1-hour live coding session with the Head of Engineering, Meet&Greet with your potential team.
We reserve the right to add additional selection stages to the process depending on the specific skills of each candidate.