In today's world data and data analytics is critical to all investment systems supporting front, middle and back office. In this role you will be working as part of a full stack team that supports QEG's cloud enabled signal generation, back testing, data, and analytics platforms. These platforms are used to manage QEG's active, factor and alternate strategy funds. You will also learn how the global investment industry and primary market trading works while working with complex and modern technologies in a truly global organization.
If you are looking for a challenge and want hands-on experience with exciting, cloud technologies and AWS services as well as work closely with highly talented IT individuals, business partners to build and increase investment acumen, this is the job for you.The Impact you will have:
We are looking for a Senior Application Engineer - AI/ML and AWS Cloud
passionate about technology and adopting modern software engineering practices to join us in building next generation quantitative research platforms in the cloud. In this role, you will work within a full stack team alongside our Business Partners and Product Owners and an extremely motivated team of developers committed to working in an Agile environment. You will help us in doing POCs to validate patterns proposed by our architecture and platform teams and help deploy AWS applications to production. A passion for mentoring and coaching others is highly desirable. You will also help upskill the department towards adopting cloud technologies by facilitating and participating in tech talks. Ideal candidate will have a strong focus on delivering code that is observable, resilient and secure.What it takes:
Vanguard will offer sponsorship for this position.About Vanguard
- Highly skilled in Python (NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, Dash, Dask, Flask, Boto3, etc.)
- Python software development experience
- Experience building & supporting AWS architecture and using AWS services like EC2, CloudWatch, ECS, Sage Maker, ECS, Steps Functions, Lambda, Postgres
- Experience with optimized data architecture, data pipelines, Glue ETL, S3, Postgres, Athena (this is a plus), Caching
- Experience with developing web app in Dash, session management, Okta & hosting in AWS
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Bamboo, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Ansible
- At least 3 to 4 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with Agile Development principles
- Experience with software engineering fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, dependency injection, testable code, and algorithms.
- Experience with software engineering tools, such as Eclipse, Git, and others.
- Able to write clean, maintainable code, and read code created by others.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Highly collaborative, fast learner, willing to jump in and help wherever needed.
- Enthusiasm for learning and experimenting with new technologies, tools, and processes.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.Inclusion Statement
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.