JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
The selected candidate supports the lifecycle of data within from the time it is acquired to the time it is removed from the customer's systems. This includes data transformation and extraction activities, appropriate exploitation and storage of data, implementation and maintenance of data access controls, reporting, and the removal of data IAW the customer's policies and compliance requirements. The candidate supports the Government in data ingestion, management, and other areas of data processing and follow specific guidance provided by the Government related to compliance with authorities and oversight policy for data access loading, minimization, retention, and use.
The Senior Engineer works in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight. Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results. Performs the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval. Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence. Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results. Has familiarity with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data. Follows a scientific approach to generate value from data, verifying results at each step. Qualifications
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An active Top Secret/SCI clearance; and able to successfully complete a polygraph exam after start
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data analytics, software engineering, or related technical field.
- Experience leading major programming/scripting languages like Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or R.
- Experience in the research and development of applications/services in disciplines such as: Natural Language Processing, machine learning, Conceptual Modeling, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modeling, and Hypothesis testing.
- Experience working with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools such as Informatica, Talend, and/or Pentaho
- Active TS/SCI with CSP
- Experience working in a Government mission Data Exploitation environment (e.g., acquiring data, storing data, processing data, analyzing data, visualizing data, turning data into intelligence products, disseminating data, and knowledge management).
- Experience supporting a cloud computing environment (e.g., private, hybrid, and/or public).
- Experience designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed platforms.
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional technology team.
- Experience with Big Data applications, such as Hadoop and associated applications (e.g., administration, CM, monitoring, performance tuning, etc.).
- Experience with SQL Service or PostgreSQL
- Experience with complex SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, and views
- Experience with AWS AI/ML/Data Science tool
My SAIC Benefits . - provided by Dice