Our client is at the forefront of disruptive technology across the telecoms markets. They are looking to grow their consulting practise and have a clear focus on cloud technologies, specifically SDN / NFV. The historical landscape of telecoms infrastructure is changing, hence the need for high level technical experts to manage the transformation from legacy OSS / BSS to software defined solutions.
This position is customer facing, working primarily from customer locations. Remote work is fine when not travelling.
Strong preference for candidates with flexibility to work from different locations in Europe (primarily but not exclusively Germany, Switzerland & The Netherlands)
Strong preference for permanent employees, contractor-based positions will be considered too but not given priority.
Good English, both in oral and written form, is required.
- Defines the end to end process and technical architecture to manage the lifecycle of the virtualised services and the infrastructure supporting these services.
- Captures end to end high level requirements and defines end to end use cases. Works closely with OSS and BSS domain.
- Drives virtualisation feasibility studies, create business cases and cost estimations related to architectural decisions.
- Focus is on defining the overall blueprint based on architectures available like ONAP, ETSI MANO, CORD, Cloudify.
- Creates high-level blueprints for the processes and artefact for the design, onboarding and management of VNF’s.
- Defines high-level requirements for the SDN-NFV infrastructure.
- Defines high-level technical integration and process interaction between IT, orchestration, VNF’s and the infrastructure.
- Manages the overall design related to resilience, availability and security.
- Designs the end to end test and test automation blueprint.
- Ability to communicate complex themes with enterprise architects, engineers, and managers.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required.
- Ability to create presentations and documents for feasibility studies, business cases and cost estimations related to architectural decisions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- 10+ years in telecom, preferably experience in both OSS/BSS and in network related roles.
- 5+ years of Architect or Technical Design position in telecom.
- Strong Cloud and Network Architectural leadership in areas of applications,virtualization, network and security withSDN-NFV working experience
- Preferably a blend of data networking, cloud virtualization, data security technologies, SDN/NFV ONAP, ETSI MANO, CORD, Cloudify architecture solutions
- Experience in network, OSS/BSS architectures
- Experience in virtualisation infrastructure including CloudStack, OpenStack, Docker, Containers, OpenDaylight, ONOS, Netconfig, and Yang.
- Education: Master or Bachelor in relevant technical study.
- Visionary team leader, who is self-driven and accountable.
- Experience using Agile scrum methodology