The digital nexus is where ESG and price signals merge.
Xpansiv is the global market for ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance)-inclusive commodities. These Intelligent Commodities™ bring transparency to markets, empowering participants to value energy, carbon, and water to meet the challenges of an information-rich, resource-constrained world.
We're the marketplace for an ever-expanding ecosystem of proven environmental commodities, like RECs (Renewable Energy Certificates), offsets, and differentiated fuels. We connect buyers and sellers of Intelligent Commodities in a global liquidity hub that accelerates the transition to a net-zero future.
We are seeking a Platform Operation Engineer to work within our organization to maintain customer-facing production applications and drive our product-delivery strategy. Xpansiv markets include H2OX and CBL-H2OX is the world's leading water exchange, built for the secure, transparent, efficient electronic trading of water entitlements and allocations; CBL provides access to the world's energy and environmental commodity markets, facilitating the secure and seamless trading of commodities like carbon, renewable energy, water, and gas.
- Cooperate with the Site Reliability Engineering team on company-wide infrastructure projects
- Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Own, maintain, and continuously improve all system monitoring, alerting, and dashboards
- Research and implement changes to increase site reliability and help us operate more efficiently
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3+ years experience working with Java 1.8, Tomcat/wildfly servers, SQL or relational database
- Good Knowledge of Maven, GitLab for the build process
- Must have Technical hands-on into Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Webservices
- Experience with creating web services using JSON, SOAP
- Extensive knowledge of Java internals, JVM tuning, and troubleshooting using monitoring tools
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to complete assigned objectives independently Troubleshoot minor and major system problems in a timely manner
- Perform operational tasks and monitor applications
- Either a Bachelor's degree (IT related major preferred) OR 4 years experience in an IT-related role
- Azure/AWS experience
- Exposure to modern software practices such as TDD, CI/CD, etc
- Scripting Language: bash, shell scripting
Here at Xpansiv, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in building trust and transparency in global efforts toward a net-zero future. Xpansiv is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Note to Recruiters: Xpansiv does not accept unsolicited resumes or referrals from placement agencies, staffing vendors, or other external parties seeking recruiting fees without a signed formal agreement.