Scrum Master - FCAT AI Incubator The Role
As a Scrum Master, you blend deep scrum expertise with a passion for mentoring and coaching, and constant improvement. As part of a highly collaborative scrum team you will advise, mentor, coach, and train on performance against agile values, practices, and processes to accelerate the team's value delivery. In partnership with the product manager you will maintain a backlog, help to remove impediments, and facilitate agile ceremonies such as the daily stand up, sprint planning, backlog refinement and retrospectives. You will have responsibility for release management coordination and participate in scaling ceremonies and activities as you handle interdependencies across the team and the incubator. You will examine and drive team performance through metrics and reporting and find opportunities for the team to fully realize the benefits of working in an agile structure.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Strong proficiency and experience with encouraging Agile behaviors, reinforcing practices, norms, ceremonies, and supporting the overall scrum team performance and efficiency
- Deep understanding of the technology development process from UI design through deployment using Agile Scrum or Kanban. Experience using Jira and supportive collaborative tools (e.g. Mural, MS Teams, etc.)
- Consistent track record of excellent program leadership skills proven for challenging business sponsors, complex interrelated or technically oriented projects; experience with data or AI initiatives is a plus
- Identifying team improvement opportunities and collaborating with others to support continuous improvement
- Leading and coordinating logistics for Agile ceremonies and practices, e.g., backlog maintenance, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Ensuring all work is tracked in the backlog and accurately balanced across team members
- Maintaining and updating the scrum team's process metrics and status artifacts to ensure accurate and clear communications to other teams and partners
- A minimum of 3 years' experience acting as a Scrum Master leading global diverse teams
- Bachelor's degree or undergraduate degree preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) required or at minimum equivalent certifications
At the Fidelity Center for Applied Technology (FCAT), we help Fidelity's clients and businesses imagine the possibilities of new ideas and emerging technologies to enhance the customer experience. FCAT is a centralized function whose mandate is to catalyze innovation across the firm. Our ideas begin with outside in research and academic partnership and evolve through user testing. They come to life through prototypes that lay the foundation for new products and services. This role is to support one of our Artificial Intelligence (AI) incubators build exciting new capabilities in support of our business partners. Our AI Incubator is building industry leading, AI capabilities using Lean Start Up, Design Thinking and Agile methodologies - moving ideas rapidly from concept to scale. For more information about FCAT and our incubator work, please visit our FCAT website .
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at or , prompt 2, option 2 if you would like to request an accommodation.