Scrum Master - Big Data
The Automobile Club of Southern California is seeking career-minded individuals for our Scrum Master opportunity in Coppell, TX.
The successful candidate will become part of either a specific project or product team. They will serve as a Scrum Master on a project team, primarily supporting our Big Data Project solutions and innovations. So, strong skills in communication, collaboration, influencing, and teamwork, but also taking the initiative and be able to work independently. Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Working closely with resources and management to resolve issues and impediments. Escalate unresolved issues as needed; Bring planning/organizational, problem-solving, analytical, time management, decision-making and communication skills to the team; Focus on continuous improvement and learning. Accept and adapt to a changing environment and changing priorities.
On product/feature team assignments you will:
* Facilitate Scrum events; Coach the Development Team on Scrum theory, practices and rules
* Coach the Product Owner in arranging the Product Backlog to maximize value
* Work with the product owner and other team members to remove impediments
* Stay focused on the team's sprint goals and support the overall process
* Manage the needs of related products (run by other teams) as well as the needs of several external stakeholders to produce an overall solution that works for the organization.
On project assignments you will:
* Facilitate implementations of new technologies that support our Big Data and Enterprise Information Systems teams
* Create, maintain and manage project work plan(s) utilizing a web-based project management tool
* Track projects activities / milestones including identifying the project's critical path items
* Work with the business teams and IT management to clarify and manage the scope of projects
* Ensure that work is prioritized by the business to ensure that project ROI is achieved
* Facilitate effective communication among project team members, operating areas/units and various levels of IT management
* Identify, manage and communicate project risks and issues to ensure that Business and IT management are aware and can take steps to mitigate them
* Work with development managers / leads to assign work to project team members along and ensuring that project team members perform their assigned tasks
* Ensure that project management and technical standards are followed, and makes suggestions for modifications to those standards as applicable
* Prepare and maintains and presents accurate project status reports.
* Four-year college degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field or equivalent work experience
* Scrum Master certification (CSP-SM) or equivalent accreditation
* 3 to 5 years of IT experience or equivalent experience working, as a business team member, on software development projects; primarily working in a Big Data environment within an enterprise level organization is preferred
* 2 or more years of experience in project management, including managing project work plans using MS Project and/or web-based project management software
* Real world experience in Agile methodology, primarily SCRUM (CSM or equivalent preferred)
* Experience working in a matrixed / shared services environment
* Excellent leadership skills and project management skills; Strong team player with a positive attitude, committed to the success of the overall team
* Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
* Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
* 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
* Tuition assistance
* PTO for community volunteer programs
* Wellness program
* Employee discounts
AAA Texas is part of the largest federation of AAA clubs in the nation. We have 14,000 employees in 21 states helping 17 million members. With our national brand recognition, long-standing reputation since 1902, and constantly growing membership, we are seeking career-minded, service-driven professionals to join our team
"Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value."
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer