The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Join a high-performing team bringing technical skills to bear to characterize the fast-moving field of international space systems and its implications to U.S. national security space. Participate in a wide range of technical activities, work with technical intelligence, analyze global space programs, systems, and operations, and influence customer decisions on important National Security Space topics.
What You'll Be Doing
* Conduct detailed technical analyses of current and future space systems
* Develop algorithms to study and/or fuse different sets of information and work with data scientists to implement advanced processing and analysis techniques
* Identify new areas of concern in Space Domain Awareness and proactively develop recommendations for further global data collection and research
* Responsively assess the potential impact of current worldwide space and counterspace activities on U.S. national security space operations
* Identify short- and long-term technical challenges for a diverse customer base, including the USAF/USSF, the Intelligence Community, and other government and commercial customers
* Prepare technical reports, briefings, and other deliverable materials as required
* Critically review reports, briefings, and other materials produced by team members
* Support and develop customer relationships
* Occasional travel required for presentations and meetings with Aerospace/PWW personnel and U.S. Government agencies throughout the country. International travel to conferences or meetings is possible.
What You Need to be Successful
* Highly motivated self-starter capable of both independent analysis and collaborating with teams
* Strong interest and enthusiasm for understanding global space activities and operations
* Ability to analyze technical data, produce novel insights and conclusions, and effectively communicate the results
* Familiarity with space systems and operations
* Superior written and oral communication skills; requires the ability to work well with other analysts and communicate to senior military and civilian customers
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics
* Current TS/SCI clearance
* Project Engineer: A minimum of 8 years of progressively more responsible engineering experience
* Senior Project Engineer: A minimum of 12 years of progressively more responsible engineering experience
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
* Advanced degree in Science, Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics
* Background in space systems engineering, space domain awareness, space system data analysis, or related fields
* Understanding of EO sensor systems
* Understanding of RF systems
* Understanding of astrodynamics fundamentals and experience with related analysis tools such as STK (Systems [previously Satellite] Took Kit) or SOAP (Aerospace's Satellite Orbit Analysis Program)
* Proficiency with Python, MATLAB, and/or other scripting/programming languages
* Flexibility to learn new tools/capabilities as needed
* An affinity for challenging puzzles and problem solving
* Experience with fusing and analyzing information from multiple sources and extrapolating to answer questions
* Prior experience and familiarity with USAF and IC agencies and organizations
* Reading comprehension and translation skills in selected foreign languages is of interest
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
* Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
* Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
* Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
* 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
* Flexible spending accounts
* Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
* Relocation assistance
* Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
* Education assistance programs
* An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at or by email at . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.