Description Job Description:
Responsible for providing subject matter expertise in the development, design, data/communications connection, and operation of space ground systems. Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Construct and review engineering documents and provide SME support for source selections
- Provide technical advice/input to customer's System Program Director that lays the strategic foundation for critical, National capability and customer's future initiatives
- Resolve highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that impact multiple aspects of the project/program.
- Lead development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field.
- Minimum of 5 years of satellite ground system engineering experience
- Requires a BS in engineering or equivalent experience and 12 years of prior relevant experience
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience with DoD Special Access Program or IC equivalent activities
- Desired candidate possesses Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to and successfully complete a Counterintelligence polygraph
External Referral Bonus:
- Must have the ability to work in a very dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws. - provided by Dice