Our client is a rapidly growing in-memory real-time analytics processing platform for instant insights and actions. Their customers include the likes of Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, UBS, Deutsche Bank and Schneider Electric.
They have two propositions:
1) The fastest, most scalable distributed caching tier on any operational data source, to accelerate your digital applications and fuel real-time reporting and BI.
2) An out-of-the-box Digital Innovation Hub solution, utilising their in-memory data platform, enabling organizations to decouple their digital applications from their SoR & accelerate innovation.
They are now around 100+ people in size and growing strongly.
The Sales Director will be responsible for the management and execution of direct sales in an assigned territory or target accounts (mostly accounts in the Financial Services and Insurance industries).
The selected candidate will be working closely with experienced sales and marketing leadership and be supported by a strong technical team in an ideal, fast-paced, rapidly growing startup environment to grow professionally and go beyond expectations.
- Contribute to direct sales based on agreed criteria (supported by presales and inside sales).- Penetrate and develop major strategic accounts and new prospects in chosen business segments. Perform sales presentations to those prospects, negotiate contracts, and close new business deals- Manage direct sales in assigned territory (this is a sole contributor sales role primarily focused on the UK)- Support indirect sales network and partnerships- Coordinate assigned territorial and account sales with corporate sales functions and report sales activity - Contribute to marketing strategies and plans to identify opportunities in the territory
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of results-driven enterprise software sales experience- Sales experience in the enterprise software market with an understanding of middleware and in-memory computing along with data and application integration solutions around Data Warehouses, Big Data, AI / ML / IOT data science.-Good understanding of enterprise IT architectures and corporate data strategies and solutions. Fluent with data types and formats, data access and delivery modes, data and metadata management, web and cloud-based integration technologies, big data solutions, IT infrastructure deployment models, and enterprise-class architectural topics like performance, scalability, security, and governance- Capable of managing all aspects of the sales cycle from cold calling prospects to negotiating enterprise-wide contracts- Ability to present technical concepts and business solutions clearly through demonstrations and proposals- Good organizational, prospecting, and follow-up skills - Effective verbal and written communication and used to presenting at CIO level
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline, computer science or engineering with an MBA preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Home-based role in the UK (they have a Regus office in Central London)
- Small existing team in the UK (the Europe team is 15 with 4 currently in the UK)
- Ideally, the person would be within 1-hour commute of London (most of the partners and clients are there)
- The role involves travel, primarily to Europe
- The engagement with the successful candidate will be as a contractor because the client does not have a payroll set up in the UK yet.
The package is flexible for the right person (assuming the candidates will invoice)