Our client is currently seeking a RF Test Engineer for a full time, direct hire position.
Devises testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of product in conjunction with product design and specifications. Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment. Plans and executes the testing and evaluation of standard and special devices.
Provides test parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. Responsible for testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in by production test technicians. Consults with the development and/or requirements team to coordinate and test applications.
Performs analysis, diagnostics and preliminary evaluations of products. Develop testing procedures. Develops test plans, scripts, scenarios, functional tests, regression tests, and deployment tests. Implements the testing processes and ensures all test activities follow those processes. Produces reports on each test activity and tracks test metrics. Monitors for continual test process improvement through failure analysis, throughput analysis, yield analysis, and report to management periodically.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years in a RF Test Engineering position.
- Background and working knowledge in RF theory and concepts.
- Understanding of common RF component (duplexer, mixers, rf switch's, rf amplifiers, etc.) function and component test methods.
- Knowledge of integrating these components into a system and the ability to generate test specifications based on RF system designs.
- Understanding of Digital components (Mircocontrollers, FPGA's, SoC, translators, etc..) and analog components (passive circuits, power supplies, filters, etc..) function and component test methods.
- Ability to generate test plans and specifications from circuit designs and component specifications.
- Able to be independent and solve problems with minimum support.
- Must be able to research and learn on your own.
- Working closely with test technicians and deciphering their feedback to improve the test process.
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance (not required for present role).
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Altium Designer or similar Schematic Capture tools.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools and/or practices.
- Test Equipment knowledge of Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscopes, DMM's, Network Analyzer, Signal Generators.
- RF Design principles and testing.
- Design familiarity to MilStd810, MilStd461, MilStd704, DO-160 with testing and troubleshooting skills. - Design for Test & Manufacturability.
- Automated test generation is a plus: LabWindows, Labview, Python, TCL, Bash, or other scripting languages, desired.
- Design and testing experience with USB 3.0, SATAIII, Gigabit Ethernet.
- Familiarity with GIT and SVN version control systems.
- Basic computer hardware knowledge, including networking.
- Experience with Linux.
If this role is a good fit for your background, apply online today!
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at