SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.RF SIGNAL PROCESSING ENGINEER
As a RF Signal Processing Engineer on the Avionics digital design team, you will be developing algorithms and signal processing for modems, sensors, and optical and communications systems on Starship, Human Landing System, Falcon, Dragon, and large satellite constellations.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop algorithms and signal processing for modem and sensor systems for spacecraft
- Create simulations of modem and sensor performance
- Verify end-to-end performance of integrated system including hardware and software - with realistic test setups
- Support real-world operation and demonstration of communication systems and sensors
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 2+ years of experience designing and verifying modems and sensor signal processing
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering with emphasis in communication systems and digital signal processing
- 6+ years of experience designing and verifying modems and sensor signal processing
- Expertise in developing signal processing algorithms for communications, sensors and navigation systems in Matlab, C/C++, or Python using both floating point and fixed-point design techniques
- Experience in migrating modeled algorithms to implementations in FPGA's, ASIC's, or high-performance SDR frameworks.
- Expertise with Software-Defined Radios (SDR) frameworks such as GNU Radio, Pothosware or LabVIEW
- Experience with various digital modulation schemes such as BPSK, QPSK, QAM, PCM/FM, APSK, OFDM, including spread spectrum
- Ability to perform trades and functional allocation to heterogeneous processing elements (processors, FPGA's) in complex RF systems
- Experience with Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale RFSOC series FPGA's, Analog Devices AD9361, and other common RF chipsets
- Familiarity with radio related test equipment such as spectrum analyzers and signal generators
- Understanding of RF concepts such as AGC, noise figure, power amplifiers, phase noise, PLL, oscillators/mixers
- Experience with continuous wave or pulse radar
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, and ability to collaborate with other engineering disciplines
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed to support critical milestones
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here .
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at .