Scope of Work:
· The Role of the Feature Tester is to analyze requirements and specifications in order to design and document test cases, execute and record test case(s) results, document and track defects, analyze testing results and produce feature test reports.
· To fulfill this role the Feature Tester must apply appropriate test analysis, test design, and test results analysis methods as efficiently as possible while meeting the project's testing mandate.
· The objective is to obtain as much test coverage as possible with a minimum set of test cases.
· Tests can be conducted at the Labs, Customer Labs and/or in the Field. Responsibilities:
• Testing Pre-requisites list: After completion of the requirement and specifications analysis, the Feature Tester must provide a complete list of testing tools, lab equipment and material required in order to fully verify the assigned Feature Functionality.
• Test Case Design: The Feature Tester has the liberty of design captures what the Tester is attempting to accomplish with one or more test cases to fully verify the assigned feature functionality.
• Test Case Execution: This is the actual running or execution of a test case. This can be done manually or by automated scripts that perform the actions of the test case. The Feature Tester
• Capturing Test Results: Capturing test results is a simple itemization of the success or failure of any given step in a test case. Failure of a test case step does not necessarily mean that a defect has been found -- it simply means the application did not behave as expected within the context of the test case. There are several common reasons for a test case step to fail: invalid test design / expectations, invalid test data, or invalid application state. The tester should ensure that the failure was caused by the application not performing to specification and that the failure can be replicated before raising a defect.
• Daily Test Report: Feature tester is responsible to send a daily feature test report to the lead phase.
• Documenting and following up defects: The tester will be responsible of documenting any software defect found during the execution of the testing scope. Once the tester is confident that the failure was caused by the functionality not performing to specification, then the tester should open a new CSR/TR according to pertinent TR guidelines defined by the project and follow up until resolution. The tester must communicate to phase lead and project about the new found issue.
• Feature Test Report: Once the full feature testing scope has been finalized, the tester must determine if the testing mandate and defined testing scope have been satisfactory accomplished according to the functionality's functionality and performance expectations.
• Troubleshooting: Feature tester will be the first line of troubleshooting for any issues related to the assigned functionality and should be able to isolate the problem and distinguish between functionality's and configuration's issues.
• Lab configuration: Feature tester must be capable of performing all configuration settings related to the assigned feature. Project should secure the pertinent support/contacts when configuration is related to third party nodes or vendors.Job Requirements: Technical Skills:
• Windows (7, Vista, XP) for tools configuration
• Good Test Tools knowledge (TEMS investigation, protocol analyzers, etc)
• Unix, Linux, O&M, IP connectivity (login and FTP procedures)
• OSS (SMO, Network Explorer, Alarm viewer), ENM is a plus
• Advance Moshell, scripting is a plus
• General Telecom technologies knowledge (GSM, UTRAN, e-UTRAN)
• Troubleshooting and tracing knowledge
• Node recovery procedures (remote and local, node scratch)
• Advance call testing knowledge (Lab/Field) Additional desirable knowledge areas: CPP nodes, CORE (MME/SGSN, HSS, MGW/SGW/ PGW, MSC), Transport