Job Title: RF Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
About the Client:
Our client produce advanced, thin, flexible, integrated circuits using highly novel techniques and materials. Our line of products enable extremely high volume opportunities in HF RFID for a variety of applications.
They are seeking a highly capable Engineer who can support our RFID products as they move through development and into customer supply chains, from characterisation of individual ICs, to design and validation of novel antenna and tag designs in new use cases and form factors.
- Working in the lab you will design, develop and implement evaluation procedures for tags and RF communication protocols feeding back results to the appropriate teams within the organisation to inform improvements in our designs and processes.
- Advise and support sales and business development on customer applications and use cases
- Design and implement application demonstrators using IC products
- Write custom code to analyse data and results at scale.
- Identify root causes and advocate potential solutions.
- Ensure completeness of documentation, propose improvements and promote best practice
Skills and experience
- Degree or post-graduate in electronics, physics or another relevant discipline; or equivalent experience.
- Experience with RFID systems and applications
- Hands-on experience of using RF test equipment: oscilloscopes, function generators, VNAs, etc
- Samples of experience in analysing data in Python, R, or equivalent.
- Previous experience of antenna design for HF RFID.
- A strong understanding of electronics and its core principles.
- A strong ability to solve technical problems with many different variables.
- A strong ability to work to tight deadlines and progress multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team...... click apply for full job details