Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Site and Cluster Level RF Design and Optimization Tasks for 4G- LTE, 3G - CDMA/UMTS/EVDO and upcoming 5G Networks.
- RF Design Tasks Include:
- Design Database Review and Update to include New Site and Cell Information
- Running Predictive Analysis based on customer propagation models to determine Coverage Gaps.
- Updating the Existing Cell/Site Information to match Live Build/On Air Site Status/Final RFDS.
- Creating Search Rings and Site Candidate Identification Packages to justify new sites and/or site modifications and ranking Site Candidates based on Customer requirements.
- RF Optimization Tasks include:
- Capture and Review Baseline KPI%26rsquo;s for the Site %26ndash; Macro/In-Building and/or Cluster to identify KPIs that don%26rsquo;t meet KPI Targets and Thresholds.
- Review RFDS and Design Data %26ndash; CIQ and compare it against OSS data.
- Ability to Perform and Review Gold Standard Parameter Audit for sites/carriers integrated in OSS.
- Perform Parameter changes on OSS %26ndash; related to Gold Standard Alignment or Optimization Related parameter Changes
- Review RF Functionals %26ndash; Alarms, RSSI-VSWR checks for the new sites and carriers. Highlight issues if the RF Functionals are not within acceptable standards and direct it to the appropriate teams for further troubleshooting.
- Ability to work with Tower/Civil/DAS Vendors and Field Technicians/Operations Technicians to troubleshoot RF Path Issues and verify post resolution.
- RF Drive/Walk/Geo-Located Data Analysis and providing RF Recommendations %26ndash; E-tilt/M-tilt, Power, Idle and Connected Mode Parameter Changes, Azimuth Changes etc
- RF KPI Monitoring - Accessibility, Retainability, DL Throughput, Mobility
- Identify Worst KPI Offenders %26ndash; Cells or Sites in cluster and then perform a deep dive RCA to troubleshoot and fix the issue %26ndash; make relevant Parameter Changes ( E-tilt/M-tilt, Power, Idle and Connected Mode Parameter Changes, MIMO Parameters, Power Control Parameters, Traffic Balance related parameter changes etc )
- Post Optimization KPIs should be similar or better than Baseline KPI%26rsquo;s.
$110K-$120K Benefits/Incentive Pay:
We offer competitive compensation for professional, skilled an hourly employees. Our employees are coverd by a variety of health insurance plans nationwide, with dental, healt, vision care, short and long term disability, basic life, AD&D, and supplemental life and AD&D offerings. We also provide a 401(K) retirement savings program with acompany match, as well as a company stock purchase plan.
This position is not eliible for bonus or commission payments. Apply Now:
if interested in any of our current positions, please apply: mnscareers.mastec.comJob Requirements:Level 3 Qualifications
1. Master%26rsquo;s Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering
2. 7+ Years%26rsquo; Experience in Optimization of LTE 4G and 3G UMTS/CDMA/EVDO Networks.
3. Customer Focus Driven %26ndash; Understanding Customer Requirements, tracking/discussing Project Status Updates thru Emails and Conference Calls with Customer and other Vendors.
4. Lead a team of RF Engineers performing RF Design and Optimization related tasks %26ndash; Updating Design Databases, Reviewing and Updating RFDS, Gold Standard Parameter Audit, RF Optimization Report and KPI Review/Optimization depending on Customer Requirements and Identified Targets.
5. Work with the Tower/Civil Crew to identify and resolve RF Path Issues %26ndash; RSSI, VSWR, Sector Swaps, MIMO Swaps etc
6. Review Performance KPIs and RF Optimization Report, Determine Worst Offenders leading affecting overall Site/Cluster Performance and come up with Parameter Recommendations %26ndash; Tilt, Power, Idle/Connected Mode Parameters, Traffic Balance, Throughput to further improve Network KPIs