Basic Qualifications :
Bachelors degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for n RF and SATCOM System Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nations core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- Performs systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of subsystem or system elements under supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Performs large network testing of satellite modems and their associated software using a simulated satellite network.
- Performs RF Systems engineering including antenna/RF systems trade analysis for new systems, link analysis, RF system design, electromagnetic and cosite interference .
- Performs large network testing of satellite terminals and their associated software over a Ka or Ku band Geostationary Orbit (GEO), Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) or low earth orbit (LEO) satellite network.
- Performs troubleshooting and testing for Transmission Subsystem (TSS) components and systems located in outdoor/indoor environments at General Dynamics and customer facilities.
- Evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
- Contributes to the completion of major programs and projects
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Regular contact with senior levels of internal work groups
- Works under limited direction of senior engineer
- Contact with Deputy Program Managers Engineering (DPME) and other professionals within the Engineering department and with project teams across the company
- Contact with external customers and subcontractors
- Travel may be required
- Keeps abreast of technology trends
- Communicating status to engineering leads
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with SATCOM and/or Radio Communication Systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient ability in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Understanding of engineering test concepts, principles, and theories
- Experience with other related disciplines
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation.With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose.You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.EOE/Disability/Veteran