My client is currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager to sell security software to Service Providers (protecting against threats to email, SMS and DNS). The role is a sole contributor sales role.
The Sales Manager works closely with the EMEA Technical Solutions Team to develop and win high-value solution sales opportunities in the International region. Target customers are principally Internet Service Providers and MNO’s companies (Enterprise customers may also become part of the remit).
The Sales Manager is the recognised commercial / sales expert within the sales team. This is a hands-on, results orientated role.
Business Development & Revenue Generation:
Works with the VP Sales (EMEA) to define priority accounts within the territory, and proactively engages with targets to build awareness, identify opportunities, develop sales pipeline, and deliver revenue goals.
- Supports regional business development activities and marketing events as required.
- Customer and Opportunity Management
- Owns the Sales Cycle and resources for the opportunities in which they are involved
- Qualifies and validates opportunities, creates and delivers winning strategies and account plans to ensure that our client is the selected vendor in the sales cycle.
- Identifies key customer influencers, decision makers, executives and System Integrators, and develops deep and wide relationships within each account or opportunity managed.
- Manages cross functional resources and account teams to deliver RFI/RFP responses, formal evaluation processes, and other selling situations
- Develops effective opportunity close strategies, manages commercial negotiations, and coordinates legal negotiations to ensure profitable and equitable contracts
- Delivers an intermediate / expert level of Software, ISP and MNO sales knowledge
- Listens, interprets and understands customer business challenges and objectives
- Effectively leverages Solution Selling techniques to develop tailored value propositions and compelling business cases for individual clients.
- Has the ability to present effectively to audiences ranging from end users to CxO level.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- University degree or comparable.
- Experience of selling software to ISP’s, MNO’s.
An advantage, but not essential to have experience of selling at least of the following:
- DNS sales environment
- Network Security
- Has extremely high authority/opportunity to set and negotiate (internally and externally) pricing, terms and conditions, and/or marshal resources across multiple disciplines/functions to serve accounts.
- Has a good understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market or the needs/challenges of assigned accounts.
- Sets own territory/account management objectives and plans; may provide input into colleagues' planning activities
- Coordinates and integrates information/resources and leads teams in the sales process
- Leads colleagues in the sales process to surface, develop and prioritize opportunities; manages the sales funnel; has established relationships and reputation in the market
- Anticipates and understands customer/account needs, feedback and objections, and identifies and explains solutions. - - An advantage to have a deep understanding of business, the competitive landscape and the economic/market environment within chosen territory.
- An advantage to have an understanding of the full range of offerings that our client and its competitors sell and that assigned customers buy.