Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to contribute to our IT Security & Compliance team in LaVergne, TN, just outside the Nashville area. This position is a hybrid work environment where the candidate will need to be able to come onsite.
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer ensures applications, networks, and software systems/mobile applications are planned, designed, developed, implemented, and monitored according to the appropriate security standards and practices. Develops, implements, and monitors enterprise information security architectures and solutions. Analyzes infrastructure, application environments and web services from a security perspective, and is responsible for design, execution, and (where possible) the automation of threat management, vulnerability management, and breach management processes, while preventing and recovering from security incidents. Develops and designs key tools and processes supporting medium to high complexity projects impacting security. Provides security assessments through penetration testing and ethical hacking, analyzing security risks and recommending mitigating and compensating security controls. Contributes to research and development to help set the future direction of the security strategy.
Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to the world?
At Ingram, our Technology team is blazing a trail by providing content distribution services to thousands of publishers with key initiatives around business intelligence, machine learning, continuous integration and omnichannel. We support diverse people and technology that highlights innovation through SaaS platforms, metadata, cloud, and containerization. Our teams are agile, and emphasize authenticity, creativity, and transparency upon a fact-based foundation.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are an IT professional who strives to deliver results through collaborative partnerships, understanding what drives business, and enjoys working in a connected culture, we can't wait to meet you!
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or directly related year for year experience
- 5 years' systems/infrastructure engineering experience or combination thereof (Active Directory, Windows, Linux, Storage systems, and or Networking)
- 3 years' IT Security engineering experience in a medium to large size organization
- Experience working with Splunk or similar SIEM products
- Network Infrastructure Experience
- Ability to work with scripting/coding (Python, PowerShell, Perl, Bash, Ruby, etc.)
- Working knowledge of standard compliance frameworks including PCI, SOC2, and ISO 27001
- Experience working with Varonis or similar data security & thread detection software products
- Project management lifecycle experience
- Analyzes business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks, then designs security solutions.
- Researches security trends and recommend remediation plans to preemptively eliminate the possibility of a system breach in a complex multi-platform environment.
- Performs security assessments and recommends mitigation strategies or improvements based on security best practices.
- Monitors systems, networks, and databases for possible security breaches and recommends improvements.
- Contributes to the design and engineering of key security tools and processes, including the automation of the execution of tasks and processes through scripting and programming.
- Develops and maintain operational security procedure documentation, as it relates to security and security technology.
- This list is not exhaustive
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram's First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group ("Ingram") connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram's services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled
- We participate in EVerify.
- EEO Poster in English
- EEO Poster in Spanish