Raytheon's Intelligence & Space Hardware Engineering Center is seeking a Senior RF Design Engineer to join the team in the Radar Electronics department.
The person hired for this position will work alongside a talented team towards the development, test, and integration of new state-of-the-art systems for space and airborne applications that meets our customer's descriptions and requirements.
The Senior RF Design engineer will be involved with the technical design and product development of RF & Microwave sub-systems, units and modules utilizing cutting edge technology for space and airborne systems. The ideal candidate will be an RF subject matter expert in the design and development of state-of-the-art Receiver/Exciter, EW, communications, and other systems across multiple platforms. Also required is extensive technical expertise from concept through production of RF & Microwave hardware. This ideal candidate is expected to be capable of developing requirements for subsystem, unit, and module products along with performing allocations/architecture trades. Experience in architectural, conceptual and hands-on design of Digital Receivers, Synthesizers, A/D Converters is required. The successful candidate must be experienced in design, analysis, simulations, development and testing of RF circuitry and CCAs for Receiver/Exciter sub-systems. The candidate should be capable of working effectively in a team environment while providing cost effective solutions for customer needs. Design experience with low band and high frequency circuitry ranging from baseband to KU band and up to mmW is desired.
- Must have at least 5 years of related technical experience with a Bachelor's Degree, or 3 years of experience with a Master's Degree.
- Hands on experience in the design, analysis, development, bread-boarding, troubleshooting and testing of RF circuits. Experience with the troubleshooting of complex RF systems, modules, CCAs, and components.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing industry standard software tools such as Keysight ADS and Genesys, Mentor Expedition, and Ansys HFSS.
- Experience with ADS simulation using s-parameters, P2D file modeling, harmonic balance, large signal S-parameter modeling of components, modules, and units.
- Experience utilizing Matlab for the processing of measured and simulation results including but not limited to frequency response and time-domain processing.
- Experience designing and implementing test setups for RF components, modules, and unit characterization including coherent setups.
- Position requires an active Secret, SSBI, SCI, and/or TS clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Active SSBI clearance.
- Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace industries.
- Prior experience in RF electronics development for space systems.
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline from an ABET accredited university.
- Master's degree and/or PhD in Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.