Radar/RF Hardware Engineer Opening in Lexington, MA!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Radar/RF Hardware Engineer
role in the Lexington, MA area.
This is a 1+ contract
position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this Radar/RF Hardware Engineer
opportunity; please send a Word resume to Molly Ackerman, Technical Recruiter, at Position:
Radar/RF Hardware Engineer Apex Job ID: Location:
Lexington, MA Rate:
Negotiable based on experience Duration:
1+ year Position Description:
- Radar / RF hardware / Digital hardware engineers are needed to design, build, and integrate advanced HF and microwave radar systems.
- The ideal candidates would have a broad background with relevant system design, but would also be capable of diving deep into one or more of the various aspects of design realization.
- Successful candidates will develop system hardware platforms with the scope of work from system level tradeoffs to component selection, and also participate in defining requirements for subsystems and components.
- Activities include radar hardware architecture and detailed design and implementation, component selection, schematic capture, board layout, hardware testing, firmware implementation for Xilinx FPGA , engage CAE tools as needed to support project needs.
- Develop test plans to evaluate radar systems and/or subsystems, execute tests, analyze data, and evaluate performance.
- Separate RF and digital hardware backgrounds will be considered
Digital Hardware skills:
Desired Skills (not required but candidate will have exposure to these skills in this role):
- Strong knowledge of VHDL/Verilog, Vivado/ISE, ISIM, EDK, System Generator, 3rd Part IP
- Developing VHDL/Verilog test benches for functional and timing simulation
- Detailed PCB design and bring up using Mentor Graphics and Altium
- Usage of test equipment, RF signal generators, Oscilloscopes and Logic Analyzers
- Working under Windows 7/10 and Linux environments, TCL, basic Matlab scripts RF hardware skills:
- 4 years or more of relevant design experience, hands-on system realization and field testing of HF, VHF/UHF, and microwave radar systems.
- Wideband phased array radar systems analysis and design, associated signal and data processing, radar calibration and testing
- Strong familiarity of RF component design, analysis, fabrication, and troubleshooting
- Strong familiarity with RF laboratory equipment including waveform generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers
- Candidates must have good organizational skills with the ability to complete assignments working independently and in a team environment
- Radar timing and basic signal processing. RF converters
- Xilinx FPGA development and test in an Embedded environment
- PCB design, schematic capture, component selections and simulation using Altium/Mentor Graphics. Evaluating design tradeoff against speed and resource utilization
- Experience with various hardware interfaces and communication: PCIe, I2C, LVDS, Serial Data over Fiber Optics with Protocol knowledge
- Software design and development in C/C++
- System integration experiences: HW/SW integration in lab and at site and developing test procedures
- Usage of source code revision control systems such as GIT
- Strong knowledge and understanding of analog RF components, ADC and DAC performances
- Experience with radar signal processing, statistical signal processing, and moving target detection and tracking
- Familiarity with industry standard electromagnetic antenna modeling software
- Familiarity with industry standard RF circuit design software and PCB layout
- Must be a self-starter who is capable of working independently.
- Excellent communication skills written and spoken
- Ability to work in a fast moving team environment
- Desire and ability to participate in field testing which may involve travel
Candidates must be ====s able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense security clearance as a condition of employment Additional Benefits:
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit! Perks:
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by Dice