As a Technical Project Manager you will lead mobile technology projects from concept to implementation working with mobile technologies including iPhone, iPad and Android applications. A Technical Project Manager has two primary customers when leading project work. The first customer is business focused, responsible for designing project requirements and product strategy. The second is technology focused, responsible for creating the product and technical implementation. The Technical Project Manager will also have a post-project implementation responsibility to monitor product quality and adjust as customers deem necessary.
* Act as the primary point of contact for mobile technology projects.
* Concurrently lead multiple mobile technology projects from concept to implementation, and through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
* Provide business teams input into project requirements, design and other critical project documentation.
* Build and maintain relationships with internal (business and technology team members) and external (i.e. Apple) customers.
* Responsible for exceptional verbal and written communication including:
* Executive level project communication
* Project risks and issues
* Project status
* Facilitate meetings to support the communication responsibility. Meetings will include project level as well as senior level team members.
* Triage technical issues and lead teams in problem solving.
* Manage all aspects of mobile project budgets.
* Plan team capacity to accommodate mobile project demands.
* Coordinate project schedules.
* Create work estimates based on technology concepts and requirements documentation.
* Support project releases.
* Five plus years' experience in the technology industry, with a minimum of 4 years of technical project management.
* Experience with leading projects through all phases of a software development lifecycle.
* Experience with Mobile technology.
* Agile project management experience, including use of agile project management tools (i.e. Confluence, JIRA, etc.).
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including experience with executive level communication.
* Ability to build strong internal and external client relationships.
* Ability to lead geographically distributed and diverse project teams.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Project Server.
* Experience with JIRA or other defect management software.
* Candidates must be self-motivated and confident in ambiguous circumstances.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.