Our Client is a telecoms organisation who are experiencing an extended period of growth in their market, which shows no signs of slowing despite the current pandemic.
As such they require a Project Engineer to join their team on a full time permanent basis in their Solihull offices. The position requires a wide range of understanding of microwave radio, cellular telephony, and optical transmission technologies, as well as Microwave radio installation testing methodology and very strong field installation project experience.
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
* Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
* Interact regularly with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
* Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel's performance) and report regularly on project status
* Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
* Develop and deliver customer training, acceptance testing as required, training will include classroom and hands on practical work
* Supporting field operations as required - Site Survey, System Integrations, FAT set up and testing, assisting in BOM (Bill of Materials) pricing and maintenance.
* To be part of the team involved in projects and assisting in the installation and integration of installed customer equipment into their networks.
* The direct ongoing mentoring and assistance to the field staff to enhance technical knowledge and awareness throughout the Company to ensure a quality installation and commissioning service.
* Direct responsibility to the Project Manager for the collation, content and accuracy of submitted site test results produced by the field teams at I&C.
* Supporting customer network and being on the 24 x 7 support rota as required.
* Monitoring FMS/Autotask fault management system for engineer data entry compliance
* Advise, assist or lead I&C teams both on and off-shore on specific projects
* Liaising with external suppliers & escalating issues when needed.
* Project Engineer experience in the telecoms installation environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in Contract cost control and variance reporting
* System integration and FAT experience
* An awareness of various transmission products
* An appreciation of the installation and Commissioning requirements of optical systems
* A general awareness of the micro wave radio installation techniques
* An awareness of the various Micro Wave Radio product sets in the market
* Customer facing skills
* Bid Support, experience of working with Business Development/Sales in providing costing analysis for bids.
* The successful candidate must be willing to hold and retain full MOD SC and Police Clearance
* Willingness to undertake training for roof-top working
* Understanding of telecoms networks and how they operate
* Keymile Umux and Milegate experience.
* Ericsson and NEC radio commissioning experience
* Transmode DWDM L1 and L2 functionality
Successful candidates must be able to hold and retain full MOD SC and Police clearance.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to Stuart at 3MD Technical Recruitment who are acting as an employment business for this position