Job Title: Programme Manager - Comms Infrastructure and Services
Salary: £30,000 - £39,000 plus benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a membership organisation that brings together people, companies and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. They collaborate across business, government and stakeholders to fulfil the potential of technology to deliver a stronger society and more sustainable future. By providing expertise and insight, they support members, partners and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world
Their Communications Infrastructure Programme brings together FTSE 100 companies and SMEs from across the sector - fixed, wireless, mobile and satellite operators, equipment suppliers - to advocate a connected future for all.
The programme represents the views of their members to Government Departments and regulators, as well as bringing the industry together to solve challenges or take advantage of new technology trends.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Communications Infrastructure Programme, reporting to the Director of Markets. The position requires the ability to work on a large range of activities, from high profile projects to everyday administrative tasks. You can expect to engage with senior officials from across the central government departments and arms-length bodies.
The Programme helps members by:
- Developing markets - by developing thought leadership and examples of how 5G and Full Fibre is developing greater interaction with industry sectors, and by exploring opportunities for the UK in developing a greater license-exempt spectrum regime.
- Developing networks - bringing together members from telecoms and cyber security sectors to consider a holistic approach to network resilience.
- Reducing business costs & risks - by 'barrier busting' issues which hinder or add cost to the deployment of communications infrastructure
- A self-motivated individual who is comfortable leading several projects
- A team player who is comfortable and able to work with relevant teams across the company
- Strong interpersonal skills and good at building relationships
- A flexible and pro-active approach relating to any other duties that may be required to support the wider programme activities
- An effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate information effectively to a range of audiences
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Strong knowledge of public policy and public affairs
- Experience of writing reports, briefing notes, and responding to public sector consultations
- Has a proven track record and experience of building and managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- A proven track record of managing events ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the telecoms sector;
- An understanding of either the UK's policy or regulatory approach to telecoms;
- Strong interest in the UK tech sector and the company's mission to make the UK good for tech, make tech good for the UK and make tech good for people
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications received, if you have not heard back within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and A4 Cover Letter outlining your suitability for this role along with your salary expectations. Cover letters must be kept to a max. of 500 words.
Candidates with experience of; Public Affairs, Policy Manager, Senior Policy Manager, Policy Adviser, Senior Policy Adviser, Local Council Policy Manager, Emergency Services Policy Manager, Non-Profit Programme Manager, Public Sector Programme Management, Cyber Security Policy Director, Information Security Policy Manager, ICT Programme Manager, Technology Programme Manager, Technical Programme Manager, Technology Implementation Manager, ICT Business Programme Manager may also be considered for this role...... click apply for full job details