Vanguard is currently engaged in a multi-year, strategically important, change initiative aimed at transforming the physical data centers to better support application teams, our business, and the transition to cloud. The Infrastructure and Data Recovery (IDR) program is partnered with the Enterprise Technology Strategy to deliver a POP and physical data center presence that compliments the journey to cloud and safeguards our data. This highly visible program is comprised of three integrated work streams, DC Topology, Cyber Recovery, and In-Region Recovery.
This position is for a IT Program Manager to lead the In-Region Recovery work stream of the IDR program. This work stream is responsible for optimizing hosting and fail-over of application workloads and increasing resiliency of critical services between DC1 & DC2, inclusive of network, distributed systems, and Mainframe.
* Leading cross functional program team and defining high level plan and timeline
* Identifying dependencies between work streams and programs
* Producing and tracking to a financial business case
* Partnering with the ETS Modernization team to track "Hold" & "Buy" workloads that will continue to run in the data centers beyond 2021
* Partnering with platform leaders and architects to implement and customize solutions to ensure RTO and RPO goals
* Migration of workloads to new systems while minimizing time commitment from application teams
* Ensure operational transition of new or modified processes and technologies to sustaining organizations
* Effective transition from program leadership to managing new operational process and capabilities
* Driving future state DC1 & DC2 resilience validation activities across Vanguard
* Governing in region resilience requirements, RTO/RPO objectives and KPIs as role moves into an operational state
* Effective risk and controls management, including support of audit examinations and control reviews
Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
Manages crew and project activities for technology-related projects. Drives all phases of the project lifecycle from inception through implementation while ensuring that business objectives are delivered with high quality and within targeted timeframes.
Oversees all project-level communication and change management activities in support of all project workstreams. Triages capacity, complexity, and scope of project messaging and delivery of all communications.
Builds and maintains relationships across sub-divisions and both internal and external partners to support project initiatives. Develops strong relationships with project leadership and workstream leads. Influences key decisions across stakeholders.
Assists team with the identification, evaluation, and resolution of potential obstacles which may have an impact on the completion of technology projects or communications. Elevates items of high concern to senior management, focusing on recommended courses of action.
* Minimum of five years related work experience. Two years of managing a project preferred. Financial Services or technical experience preferred. Previous people-leadership experience preferred.
* Undergraduate degree in related field (Computer Science, Engineering) required. Graduate degree preferred.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.