Professional Services Consultant
RKON is a rapidly growing IT service provider located in the west loop with several fortune 500 clients across the nation. Since 1998 RKON has played a prominent role in the Chicago technology industry, developing innovative technical solutions to business needs is our tried and tested specialty.
Named by Computerworld
in 2015 as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT, we also pride ourselves on fostering an environment where initiative, creative thinking and collaboration are encouraged and rewarded-a key reason for the extraordinary level of service we deliver to our customers.
Professional Services Consultant
The RKON Professional Services Consultant will lead engagements designing and implementing solutions for our Private Equity clients - Specifically focusing on IT Infrastructure projects related to Mergers, Acquisitions, and carve outs. Our consultants architect solutions and lead execution of these engagements.
Microsoft infrastructure experience will be essential in this role. Being able to build, merge, design, carve out all of the following: Active Directory, Windows Server (2003 and beyond), Exchange, and more related Microsoft infrastructure.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Modern Service Management (MSM) Consultant with expertise capable of delivering from on-premises to Cloud Services in our enterprise customers, a background in IT leadership, IT Service Management principles, executive presence and consulting skills. The Consultant role requires ITIL/MOF knowledge, Azure Monitoring, broad technical knowledge (including Microsoft and non-Microsoft products), and the ability to provide solutions by mapping customer business problems to reusable end-to-end process, and process-combined-with-technology, solutions.
- Play a pivotal role in implementing cutting edge solutions, while migrating our clients to a new IT environment with the goal of restoring or upgrading their business operations.
- Engage IT Leaders and Key Decision Makers in discussions related to availability, agility, business value, costs, security management, disaster recovery, and the value of services and process in an enterprise environment.
- Lead and develop consultants from junior to senior level.
- Work through complex Statements of Work (SOW) to determine the appropriate deliverables and outcomes and further define as needed
- Collaborate cross-functionally within a team of 2-4 or more IR&R teammates, including consultants from both our Cloud & Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Professional Services, Sales, and Sales Operations practices.
- Delivery excellence, exceptional teamwork and collaboration
- Orchestrate knowledge transfer and sharing best practices with team members that help enhance the quality and efficiency of customer service and process management
- Establish effective working relationships with the Microsoft Business Groups by working through appropriate escalation channels
- Develop new opportunities and work with account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development.
- Architect on solution's and provide to better deliver to customer's needs.
- Cloud technology experience or familiarity, preferably O365 and Azure experience + Awareness of technical knowledge (including Azure, Azure Monitoring, Microsoft System Center, and non-Microsoft products)
- Willingness to learn new technologies to enable RKON to deliver quality solutions to clients
- Proficient implementation experience with any of the following: Azure, AWS, Office 365, Windows Server, Active Directory, MS Exchange, PowerShell, VMware, Citrix, SCCM/MDT/WDS
- Awareness of other technologies and solution areas such as Modern Workplace, Azure Apps and Infrastructure and Business Applications a demonstrable ability to quickly learn and apply technology competencies is a plus.
- Excellent organization, communication, project management, problem solving skills.
- Comfortable working flexible hours, including occasionally weekends and overnights, in exchange for schedule flexibility when not actively responding to a client incident
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements.
This is a remote position. Must be eligible to work in the USA.
Powered by JazzHR