Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan - and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our customers deploy and run a variety of mission-critical workloads on IBM Cloud. They are some of the biggest in the World and trust IBM Cloud to provide the utmost reliability, best-in-class performance, and superior data protection. IBM Cloud is looking for an experienced Product Manager responsible for expanding the capabilities of IBM Cloud for Telecommunications by leveraging services across PaaS, IaaS, and in conjunction with Data and AI, Red Hat, and other relevant IBM technologies. As the Product Manager for IBM Cloud for Telecommunications, you will be responsible for understanding market drivers, buying patterns, workload needs, telecom ecosystems and defining the optimal offering to ensure customer needs are met and exceeded. Specific responsibilities will include understanding and working within the product management framework, engaging with engineering teams to manage priorities and tradeoffs, and working with telco industry teams to take offerings from ideation to launch. Collaboration with cross-functional expertise and teams is critically important in this role. In this role as a Product Manager, you will be the product owner for driving business growth of IBM Cloud for Telecommunications.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 4+ years in a product management or offering management role
* Understanding of telco workloads and market drivers
* Experience working with telco sales teams
* Understanding of cloud platforms and cloud buyer journey
* Understanding of telco selling motion
* Understanding compute, storage and networking within a cloud construct
* Understanding of cloud consumption and technology models such as pricing, infrastructure and utilization
* Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* MBA or equivalent business experience
* Prior telco industry experience+C39
* Conceptual knowledge of cloud workflow, cloud platforms and cloud infrastructure