Our client develops smarter network test, monitoring and analytics solutions for the world’s leading telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies. The client has almost 2000 employees in more than 25 countries and is no. 1 worldwide in fiber optic test solutions and has the largest active assurance deployment.
Their broad portfolio of intelligent hardware and software solutions enable their customer’s network transformations related to fiber, 5G, virtualization and big data analytics.
The Product Manager - Fiber optic testing is a seasoned professional who has extensive experience marketing and positioning high-value fiber optic test & measurement solutions at fixed line and wireless telecommunications service providers. Highly developed business development, technical and marketing skills are a must as you will be interacting with internal / external business partners, sales and customers and well as internal marketing and R&D teams.
This position requires a person who can demonstrate strong knowledge of the fiber network build out process across construction, turn-up and maintenance applications within both wireline and wireless operator networks. The successful candidate can operate under minimal supervision, is a self-motivated, fast learner and is highly competent in developing and executing strategies to foster new business growth.
• Work closely with product / sales leadership to implement and execute strategies to developing new business growth for Optical Test and Measurement product line.
• Coordinate with the EMEA sales team to open business development dialogs with key strategic customers. A key focus is to engage in collaborative discussion to determine key operational challenges and define how our clients Optical products can solve these challenges.
• Understand customer business metrics and how customer processes influence the achievement of those metrics.
• Coordinate with Product/Sales management teams to align the Optical test solutions to the needs of the customers.
• Work closely with sales, marketing, R&D and customers to influence the overall product roadmap strategy.
• Provide competitive intelligence – feature set, roadmap, pricing information to product management and sales teams.
• Identify and attend tradeshows and other business functions to keep abreast of developments in the marketplace and to find potential new business opportunities.
• Create an effective annual business plan that directly supports the strategic and financial goals of the business.
• Report on business opportunities in target markets.
• Planning, developing and working with the marketing communications team on the execution and sustainment for all elements of go-to-market initiatives including: product launches, market research & analysis, outbound messaging, value propositions, differentiation and thought-leadership communications activity.
• Identify potential third-party partnerships and licensing opportunities.
• Strong knowledge in fiber optic network core and access technologies is a pre-requisite. The candidate should be aware of the business value of fiber optic testing methodologies and the associated customer methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of fixed and wireless telecom networks.
• Strong working knowledge of Optical test and measurement applications (OTDR, OLTS, optical power meter (OPM), fiber characterization, fiber end-face inspection, dispersion (CD/PMD), optical spectral analysis (OSA)). The candidate should have experience in Optical T&M tools and methods used to deploy, monitor and maintain networks.
• Working knowledge of cloud-based solutions and applications.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills, strong business acumen and collaborative skills with internal/external business partners and customers.
• Experience working with service provider/cableco/telco organizations and related vendors.
• Excellent communication skills and experience with customer presentations.
• Prioritization and alignment of multiple goals and objectives.
• Maturity and comfort level interacting with senior executives both internally and externally.
• Self-starter with the ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels, including executive levels, both external and internal.
• Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented.
• Possess leadership qualities and superior interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Strong work ethic and integrity.
• Operates with a high degree of professionalism.
• Effective written and verbal communicator.
• Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill.
• Initiative and accountability.
• Innovative problem solver.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering/telecommunications technology or equivalent.
Pertinent Experience: Minimum of 5 years of relevant technical experience in the telecom industry. Background in product management and/or business development is required (the person could be moving from a sales role into a product management role potentially).
Language Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in and English. Other languages are considered an asset.
Travel Requirements: This position requires regular travel across the EMEA region (50% +).