Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon Technologies team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, we provide employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: Job Description:
Raytheon Technologies is seeking a Senior Infrastructure/Network Engineer
responsible for architecture, design, documentation, and delivery efforts supporting the program's local and deliverable network and ISP COTS stack requirements. This Position would be supporting traditional infrastructure design and provisioning of platform, storage, and networking resources for existing and future on premise infrastructure hardware including: operating systems, server hardware, and use of VMware.
The ideal candidate will also be responsible for inspecting the hardware infrastructure as well, including the compute storage, and network architecture overall; consisting of several complex compute environments that form the backbone for the operational deployment of a critical, strategic national asset; communicate any risks or issues involving system performance, availability, or security. In addition, the Infrastructure/Network Engineer will be Design and Process oriented such that they work with the team to plan for future improvements and fixes while ensuring that any changes follow the project's change management processes. Note: This position may require some on call support and overtime.Clearance Requirements:
Current Active TS/SCIRequired Skills:
• In-depth understanding of network technologies and associated services, management, and security practices/techniques
• Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
• Virtual Network - Administrator
• Proficiency in matching system requirements (specific user or VM requirements) to compute capabilities (RAM, single-threaded speed, total throughput) and the knowledge and ability to select specific types of compute servers to meet those requirements.
• Experience with the architecture and design of COTS Infrastructure (IT)
• Excellent Knowledge/experience with SAN/NAS implementations
• Proficient working knowledge of networks, storage, and virtualization
• VMWare performance, tuning, and troubleshooting
• Ability to prepare and present status, plans, and risks to organization
• Understanding of Change Management processes - Version Control of software and applications using ClearCase and familiarity with DR's, CR's, and IR's written with ClearQuest
• Understanding/development of documentation and diagrams for system design.
• The ability to effectively plan their own work and/or the work of others on the team
• Process oriented
• Security+ certification will be required within 90 days after hire.Desired Skills:
• Experience with Agile Development Methodologies a plus
• Background in COTS product installation
• Experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration
• Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
• Current Security+ certificationEducation:
Typically requires a bachelor's degree and 8 years' experience, a master's degree and 6 years' experience, or a doctorate and 4 years' of experience. Degree must be in a relevant field.Benefits Offered:
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $87,500
Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.