An investment bank based in the San Francisco Bay Area is hiring a Principal Software Infrastructure Engineer to work on the Developer Experience team responsible for empowering 200 developers across the org to choose the languages and tools that will make them the most productive, and help with build and deploy process.
This position also involves working with other teams supporting them with SRE related projects including high-availability, scaling, disaster recovery, and monitoring. To be effective in supporting these teams, the Principal Software Infrastructure Engineer must have both empathy and a willingness to drive change which will require gaining trust and influence on different teams.
With the COVID pandemic in mind, this position is temporarily 100% remote. Once shelter in place is lifted and the company determines it is safe to work in person again, the expectation is for this employee to work out of the San Francisco office once it is safe to do so.Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Empathy towards developers, operators, and other stakeholders.
- Willingness to drive cultural change.
- Experience in Software Engineering related position or degree in Computer Science.
- Experience in a Site Reliability or DevOps position.
- Strong with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong at creating Infrastructure as Code using Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Previous experience working in a Bank or financial institution.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Artifactory, Jenkins, Vault, Spinnaker, etc.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as NewRelic, Splunk, etc.
- Familiarity with databases such as Postgres, MongoDB, MS SQL, Snowflake, etc.
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Linux
- 20% Windows and Mac
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Team Collaboration
You Will Receive The Following Benefits
- Competitive Salary: Up to $220K/year, DOE
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Looking for advice on your job search? Motion Recruitment Partners are hyper-specialized in the tech industry and offer a Salary Guide for every city Motion Recruitment operates out of. To get a salary guide for the San Francisco Bay Area, click here:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.