In the last few years you might have seen several amazingly beautiful images on social media of the Earth from space in exquisite detail, or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at these images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS). Our RIS El Segundo campus is situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security, and civil space programs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer - RF Test System Software Developer
to join the Space Test Automation team at our El Segundo, California campus to further help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets.
In this role you will be responsible for the design, development, Integration & Test (I&T), and validation of Special Test Equipment (STE) Software for Space hardware and remote sensing applications. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is passionate about advances in technology, has an innovative mindset, dedicated to driving continuous improvements, and enjoys proactive interaction and collaboration with multiple engineering teams and functional disciplines.Security Clearance Requirement: An active and in-scope Secret or above level U.S. Security Clearance is required; U.S. citizenship is required due to U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearanceRequired Skills:
- Software Engineering experience working on an integrated product team environment designing Test Equipment for Defense and/or Space Systems
- Extensive experience working in an engineering laboratory, developing software for Special Test Equipment (STE)
- Experience working with RF test systems
- Comprehensive LabVIEW programing experience, (LabVIEW Object Oriented Programming ((OOP)) experience preferred)
- Experience with Test Executives (Test Stand preferred)
- Solid engineering laboratory experience, including: design, test, and debugging hardware and software
- Experience in creating and presenting software design engineering presentations and summary explanations for senior level internal and external stakeholders
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experience working with optical and/or digital test systems
- Demonstrated ability to perform test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis
- Experience assisting with proposal development including Basis of Estimate (BOE) creation
- Experience with supporting formal reviews such as Critical Design Review (CDR), and Failure Review Board (FRB)
- Experience with requirements management tool like DOORS
- C++ or Python programming experience
- Experience with general hardware communication protocols (GPIB, Ethernet, RS-422, etc.)
- Experience with FPGA programming (LabVIEW FPGA, VHDL, Verilog)
- Current Top Secret or SSBI Security Clearance highly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program with 8+ years' of relevant experience required, OR
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program with 6+ years' of relevant experience required
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.