Principal Software Engineer / Architect AKA Technical Lead - Healthcare Fintech Startup - up to $200k
Palo Alto, CA
- during the pandemic, this job is 100% remote
- after the pandemic, you can work from home up to 2 days/week
The company's product is in the realms of fintech for healthcare, big data, insurance, enterprise SaaS, A.I. and machine learning.
The company will pay salary up to $200k plus equity which could be lucrative.
- You would be leading up to 10 engineers right away (4 in the Bay Area, 6 offshore).
- The Cofounder/CTO would love it if you could become the CTO in a few years.
- Doing meetings with the offshore team every day. they can either be in the morning around 7:30 am or at night at 9:30 or 10 pm (whatever you prefer).
- Primarily using Python and Django. It will be good to have someone who understands Java/Spring because thye may need to use that for certain scenarios.
- Spending 60% of your time on code, 25% on architecture, and 15% mentoring engineers and other team members.
- Leading the architecture as well as hands on development of the core platform.
- Not only be setting guideline on how to design, implement and operate at both the platform and architecture level but more importantly contributing meaningfully at code level for continuous improvements and delivery.
- The role is a combination of technical architecture, vision and hands on delivery. You will be asked to develop a solid understanding of the business domain, product understanding and deep technical knowledge to deliver the solution.
- Proven experience at the doing software architecture.
- Willing to learn (if necessary) and code in Python.
- Strong in either 1) Python (preferred) or 2) Java (as long as you are have learned something other than Java in your career. Different components of the platform require different technology choices.
- SaaS experience.
- Experience deploying distributed systems.
- At least 8 years of professinal experience.
- Passion for writing code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Spring.
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- Experience with Python and Django.
- Experience with continuous delivery
- Understanding of security.