CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We're disruptors, innovators, and doers who aren't afraid to challenge what's possible.
At Bright Machines, our mission is to change the speed, scalability, and flexibility of manufacturing. We bring software-defined intelligence down to the factory floor and enable our customers to modernize their manufacturing operations effortlessly.
Working at Bright Machines is an opportunity to be part of a growing team that enables anyone to build anything, anywhere. If you're ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the platform that will define the next generation of manufacturing, we'd love to speak with you.
Let's disrupt an industry. It will be fun!ABOUT THE ROLE
Software Engineers at Bright Machines are responsible for defining and implementing the systems that make Software Defined Manufacturing possible and that power our microfactories (lines of robotic cells). Our robots, and the software that controls them, are deployed in a variety of physical and virtual factory environments and support the real manufacturing operations for some of the biggest names in the industry.
As a Principal Software Architect on our Cloud Platform team, you will create infrastructure as code and design scalable systems to deploy the microservices that help our team program, simulate, deploy and operate our microfactories. You will work on a team with other Software Engineers at Bright Machines to define, architect, implement and deploy our software stack - from robot to cloud.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a greenfield development effort that will change the way companies build and produce products. If you're ready to apply exceptional engineering practices and build the software that will define the next generation in manufacturing, this is your opportunity to "Be Bright".WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- Architect, design, develop and deploy the infrastructure that help realize Bright Machines vision of Software Defined Manufacturing
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop reliable and scalable platforms
- Write clean, maintainable code, and perform peer code-reviews
- Participate in architecture design reviews across areas of expertise
- Create unit, integration, and end-to-end tests to ensure we are continually shipping code to production
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Help define and implement standards and promote best practices for distributed software systems
- Analyze and optimize applications to maximize speed and scale
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- B.S. degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 10+ years of job experience in Senior Software Engineering or equivalent roles
- Solid understanding and application of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Understanding of scaling and operational concerns for large software systems
- Experience with maintaining live site health and driving on call teams
- Ability to work in a variety of compute environments (Windows, Linux, AWS)
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of software engineering best practices relating to the SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI/CD, testing, and operations
WHO YOU ARE
- M.S. degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience working directly with customers of your software
- Experience communicating with users, technical leaders and management to collect requirements, describe system designs, and set product strategy
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and grow other team members
- Experience with hardware systems
DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR CAREER
- You are customer obsessed
- You believe in the power of a team, diversity of thought, and unity of action
- You always act with integrity, keep your commitments, and practice transparency
- You think boldly, lead with courage, and demand the highest standards
- You drive for results and act like an owner
You'll be challenged and will grow from solving problems that will have real-world customer benefit. You'll be encouraged to find creative and innovative solutions that have never been built.
We strike a balance between celebrating team success and a focus on individual growth. Paired with the best minds in the industry, your contributions will be impactful and significant as we disrupt a multi-billion-dollar industry.
Bright Machines was named a "Technology Pioneer" by the World Economic Forum, one of "America's Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies" by Forbes, and an Inc. "Best in Business" winner.
Come join us.