Careers That Change Lives:
The role of marketing has never been more central to the growth for Medtronic. We value marketers with strong customer and market insights, which are foundational to our ability to respond to customer needs. Value proposition, content, and messaging expertise are critical to drive customer engagement and acceptance. Broadening the perception of what Medtronic can deliver is vital to the growth of our new technologies and services. We strive for an integrated, seamless experience to meet our customers expectations and demands.
Our offerings connect physicians and patients and their cardiac device data at every point of care:
* Programmers for implants and in-clinic device follow-up and acute settings-such as the ER and OR
* Remote monitoring for the home and wherever life takes patients
* Information Systems that integrate cardiac device data for the device clinic
Once a patient receives an implanted cardiac device, the care doesn't stop there. It's only the beginning of a long-term relationship that the patient establishes with the provider. Staying connected to cardiac device patients is critical. However, we know that's difficult, given the demands physicians face every day. At Medtronic, our goal is to provide physicians with tools that simplify how cardiac device patients are managed and help give the insight needed to make better, faster decisions- so patients' health can be restored. We also recognize the growing importance of patients in managing their health and this role is dedicated on the patient touchpoints and how to grow patient engagement and adherence and advancing a consumer mindset as well as new business opportunities on that front.
We are hiring an Upstream-focused Principal Product Portfolio Manager (individual contributor) to work on the Portfolio Strategy team with a focus on our implant monitor devices. You will shape the future of the care experience for patients and healthcare professionals around the world, advancing the roadmap of our monitoring device portfolio. The portfolio consists of a number of physical devices that reside in the patient's home as well as smartphone-based solutions for Bluetooth-enabled devices. Use your strategic mind to anticipate the future direction, shape the roadmap, ensure we are converging our offering to enable a delightful user experience and capture the consumer aspects of this space given that your portfolio will be interfacing directly with the patients. Determine what experiments we need to run, what partners we need, and how we bring in behavioral expertise in order to drive and sustain patient engagement. The right candidate will be passionate about understanding user workflow, be able to guide others in the right direction and ensure that design thinking and behavioral competencies are foundational to how we think in this space.
Come join a Culture of Collaboration and Innovation!
A Day in the Life
* Drive strategy and roadmap definition by working with cross-functional stakeholders, ensuring we are properly supporting the needs of the existing Operating Units (OUs).
* Identify opportunities for new offerings that could bring new revenue streams in form of subscription models via consumers (patients).
* Own the monitor portfolio from a total solution perspective working with the other platform owners (programmers and CareLink) to make sure we have a consistent workflow and user experience across our platforms.
* Work with customers (physicians and patients) to always stay on top of their needs and imagining how to shape up our roadmap in order to be the market leader in this space.
* Fully understand the competitive landscape and how we are and will differentiate our offering, always keeping a sober mindset on where we truly are at, where we need to win and how.
* Apply a global mindset and work with diverse cross-functional teams to get the holistic picture, shape the direction, and continuously share your strategy and direction.
* Identify ideation, design thinking and pilot opportunities to experiment in this very different consumer world, helping us to change our mindset and move more rapidly.
* Work with a product manager in your domain to ensure the currently ongoing monitor projects are meeting needs of advancing the roadmap and ensure proper guidance of where the product needs to go in each release.
* Collaborate closely with downstream marketing to integrate voice of regions and markets into your roadmap definition as well as to plan ahead with market messages you believe are necessary given the direction you are setting.
* Bachelor's Degree
* 10 years' experience in a marketing, technical, clinical, sales, sales support role (8 years with Advanced Degree)
* Project and/or program management experience
Nice to Have:
* MBA or engineering degree
* Experience in medical device, healthcare or IT industry
* Experience in launching consumer apps and driving new business models Agile development experience
* Previous experience driving voice of stakeholder activities, product definition, program scope
* Human-centered design experience (design thinking, journey mapping, service & solution innovation)
* Behavioral science knowledge and or experience
* Previous experience in business and financial modeling
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)