Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world?s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it?s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
If you?re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join Nike Digital?s Engineering organization. As part of the Mobile Commerce Engineering team, you will be responsible for creating, developing and deploying everything from early prototypes to full blown production services and experiences designed to test the boundaries for how Nike engages with consumers digitally.
Our culture is collaborative and results driven. We adopt the fail-fast operating model; measuring success through KPIs against our products and from the learnings of our failures. We operate across all areas of the business and focus on end-to-end solutions that deliver game changing impact.
Your Role on the Team
We are seeking an experienced Principle Engineer to help define, design and develop some of our key initiatives. In this role, you will be responsible for working on everything from early POCs to full blown consumer facing features in Nike?s consumer facing mobile applications. You?ll lead by example, evangelize our culture, and be an advocate of new technology and development techniques. In this role you will be a key leader guiding the other engineers and coaching them along the way to ensure all engineering standards are being met. You will also be one of the key solution providers for complex new innovations being added to the ecosystem.
The successful candidate is both deeply experienced with mobile development and a team player that thrives in a collaborative agile environment. You have a proven knowledge of software engineering fundamentals and an appetite for continuous learning and teamwork. You are out in front of the latest technology trends and know how and when to apply them.
- Passion for technology and learning, a natural curiosity, with a love for delivering real-world results in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years of mobile engineering experience in either iOS or Android applications
- 3+ years of engineering leadership positions as an individual contributor.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Deep hands on experience developing either iOS or Android applications with a strong working understanding of Swift or Kotlin, respectively.
- Strong background and passionate about writing unit tests and basic automation
- Ability to coordinate work across the various engineers, other teams, and product management
- Experience working in an agile process
- Experience designing mobile applications to consume server-based REST APIs
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, static analysis, and automated integration tests
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Ability to coach, guide, and train other engineers
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.Career area: