Vivodyne, Inc. is an exciting startup from UPenn Bioengineering that's creating a platform technology to answer a pressing question in biotech: how can we improve the accuracy, speed, and breadth of the modern drug development pipeline?
We are creating a groundbreaking 3D tissue culture pipeline and statistical inference engine to test drugs, biologics, and immunotherapies directly on ultra-realistic, bioengineered human tissues. All at pharmaceutical-grade throughput.
Cutting-edge biotech, top salaries / bonuses, and great startup equity
Join an interdisciplinary team of biomedical, micromechanical, electrical, software, and data scientists & engineers that are disrupting the pharmaceutical pipeline. Our platform tests biologically rich, lab-grown human organ tissues in 10,000+ different conditions in parallel. Together, we're setting the stage for a future of personalized therapies and targeted drug development, independent of animal experimentation.
Interest in Vivodyne is booming with several independent research agreements already being instituted with global pharma companies like GSK. We are a well-funded, VC-backed startup and offer highly competitive benefits, generous salary and equity, and attainable, goals-based bonus packages that accompany exciting work and a lively culture.
Our guiding principles are simple: we balance vision, execution, and a flair for creativity to design platform technologies that advance human health at the fastest pace possible.
Come work with us in the heart of Philadelphia at the spacious, high-end lab suite we are building from the ground up directly across the street from the Liberty Bell & Independence Hall, where the U.S. Constitution was signed. In a vibrant and historic city neighborhood, we face two beautiful federal parks, are surrounded by great restaurants and happy-hour bars, and offer in-building private parking (or equivalent bike/ride sharing) for free. We take social justice seriously and work actively to support equality in the workplace.
* PhD. or Postdoc in bioinformatics, data science, machine learning, computer science, or similar
* Highly skilled in 2 or more of the following:
* Development of novel machine learning frameworks or implementations
* Software development for scalable data architectures / back-ends / cloud computing
* Direct experience with scaling ML or compute-intensive pipelines on AWS or similar
* Web application development (frontend or backend)
* Single cell transcriptomics
* Lead development of a machine learning pipeline for drug discovery that learns from hundreds of thousands of high-fidelity experiments
* Develop predictive models of cell-, tissue-, and organ-level outcomes following combinational therapies or modulation of a protein target
* Supervise software developers working on user clients and pipeline customizations for clients
* Innovate at the low level (data preprocessing for feature extraction) and high level (managing petabyte-scale data libraries)
* Rapidly refine ML models by deploying thousands of training experiments at a time on living tissues