We're looking for a Platform Security Architect - IoT Core Platform
to join our team in Burlington, MA.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we're transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we're constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we're breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
We're on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
What you'll do
Key member of the IoT Platform team and are responsible for the architecture of the IoT Security cloud services which includes:
* Design & develop cloud security architectures, methodologies, processes, procedures and policies applying industry best practices for cloud and information security to reduce risk to the organization. You will be responsible for deploying these processes & procedures throughout the engineering team, reviewing progress and monitoring compliance.
* Interpret business requirements to create technical architectures, catering for both functional and non-functional characteristics, using modern microservices-based cloud patterns and principles and work closely with IoT Security engineering team to build an internet-scale security infrastructure which leverages best in class, modern, microservices-based architectural patterns, concepts and technologies.
* Interact with various business partners and are expected to provide detailed technical guidance and expertise in leveraging the IoT Security deliverables, partnering with customers to create aligned solutions and support with adoption of the products, solutions and technologies that you oversee.
* Contributor to the development of various IoT Security deliverables. You are contributing towards overall project development by implementing complex or challenging aspects of the solution space, enabling others to build upon a technical software foundation that you will define.
* Provide hands-on technical leadership and mentoring of the development team and demonstrate robust and disciplined software development via the application of modern agile techniques, microservice patterns, containers, infrastructure as code and CI/CD, with an overall attention to quality.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering is required with Hands on experience with at least one of: Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure with a particular emphasis on security, core computing, networking and data technologies
* Minimum 3 years in teams applying modern agile software development practices. Backlog management experience or previous technical product owner role is necessary.
* Minimum 8 years of proven, hands-on track-record developing scalable internet-based services, of which 3+ years of experience specifically in utilizing cloud platforms and at least 3+ years in an architect or development leadership role
* A proven track record of leveraging Security technologies as part of product and/or data platform creation is required with Practical knowledge of OAuth, Open ID Connect, fine-grained cloud access control paradigms (e.g. AWS IAM) is strongly preferred.
* Experience defining, deploying and monitoring security processes & procedures; implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies; solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security
* Strong experience of Java and Python are required and familiarity with automated testing methodologies, CI/CD best practices, container technologies, "infrastructure as code" are required
What you'll get in return…
We're offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
Who we are
Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality, energy-efficient LED lighting. And our lights, when connected, bring data to devices, apps and people - redefining what light can do and how you use it. Today, our innovations, such as LiFi - internet connectivity through light - and UV-C, solar and horticultural lighting, contribute to a safer, smarter, more sustainable world.
We're operating in 74 countries with 32,000 people worldwide.