At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac's return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
Are you a transformation champion? Are you passionate about technology transformations? Are you looking for a career that enables you to work with the latest and greatest technologies? Do you have demonstrable record of enabling enterprise change through architectural leadership? The Freddie Mac Enterprise Architecture Office is seeking a Senior Technical Lead to provide leadership and oversight associated with the Platforms and Data Solutions architecture in relation to the engineering and operationalization of AI Ops!
* Platforms within Freddie Mac include, but not limited to:
* Application Platforms: WebLogic, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Tomcat, JBoss, Mobile (Android & iOS)
* Infrastructure: AWS, GCP, VMware & VMC
* Information Security: Tivoli Access Manager, Ping
* ALM & Pipeline: Atlassian, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Selenium, ELK
* Databases: RDBMS, NoSQL, HDFS
* Data Engineering: Spark, Data Pipelines, Feature Caching
* AI/ML (ex. TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, Kubeflow, etc.)
Hands-on and architectural experience with these are required as well as demonstrable record of leading architects through organizational transformations
* Collaborate with other Enterprise Architect leads to assure that the Freddie Mac Platforms are aligned with EA vision, roadmap, principles, and guidelines and can enable software engineering teams and solution architects to deliver on business outcomes
* Define and implement Reference architecture patterns which will be used by development teams
* Be a leader through transformation into Agile Architecture and align with the Modern Delivery methodology within Freddie Mac
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required; Advanced degree preferred
* 10+ years of demonstrated ability in Enterprise Architecture and/or Platform Architecture for a financial services organization
* 3+ years of relevant large-scale enterprise transformation experience as relates to architecture is preferred
* Prior experience in the primary or secondary mortgage industry is desirable
* Deep knowledge of various enterprise level Platforms widely used in the industry
* Tech Certifications desirable (AWS, GCP, Azure, CNCF, etc)
* Hands-on and architectural experience with these are required in this role, as well as, demonstrable record of leading architects through organizational transformations
* Experience implementing AI Ops improving operations using machine learning capabilities to:
* Perform collection and aggregation of volumes of operational data generated
* Positively impact the signal to noise ratio to identify significant system events and patterns automatically resolving issues without human intervention as possible
Keys To Success In This Role
* Highly motivated and energetic self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills; proven experience operating at high standards of quality and accuracy within a fast-paced changing environment
* Technical and Architectural leadership with knowledge of both legacy and modern cloud based distributed systems
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to succinctly present complex subject matter, specifically translating technology problems/solutions to business partners
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Information Technology