Why the City of Webster is an Ideal Place to Work and Build Your Career:
The City of Webster is committed to a culture of open, honest communication and trust. We achieve success through cooperation and continuous development. The City of Webster's leaders maintain high organizational standards and facilitate financial stability and long-term organizational sustainability. Located midway between downtown Houston and Galveston, Webster is just minutes from Space Center Houston and Galveston beaches. In Webster, you are in the middle of the action. Webster is home to about 10,400 residents, and attracts over 250,000 visitors to work, shop, and play.
The City of Webster's Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Part-Time Telecommunications Operator. This position is responsible for receiving and dispatching accurate information for Police, Fire, and Emergency Medical Services. This position handles emergency and non-emergency calls from the public and law enforcement agencies using telephones, radio systems, and computer-aided dispatch system (CAD) following policies and procedures set by the state and/or agency. Telecommunication Operators work up to 12-hour shifts that can include nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- A current TCOLE Telecommunications Operator License is required.
- Minimum one-year Public Safety Telecommunications Operator experience is required.
- Must be a current Public Safety Telecommunications Operator of an agency who currently utilizes the Central Square (formerly Superion, SunGard, or OSSI) CAD Computer Aided Dispatch System.
- Current TCIC/TLETS certification is required.
- Letter from your current agency head or designee authorizing extra job employment and stating that the applicant is in good standing with no disciplinary issues within the past 12 months.
Must have knowledge of computer operations stressing accuracy and speed. Ability to work in stressful situations, emergencies, perform multiple tasks, extensive data entry and public contact. Ability to work appropriately with co-workers and the public. This position works up to 12-hour shifts, nights, holidays, and weekends on a voluntary sign-up basis.
- Hourly rate for Part-time Telecommunications Operator will be $27.00/hour (this position is less than 40 per week).
All candidates must complete an application to be considered. Please apply online at: .
Interviews and pre-employment evaluations are coordinated by the Webster Police Department's management team. Conditional offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation, pre-employment drug testing, and a physical examination.
If any additional information is needed, please contact Sergeant Jamie Sherrill at or via email at .
CITY OF WEBSTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER