Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Location - Any UK Base
Salary: £70,000 - £85,000 + 5% bonus
The focus of your role
Your primary role will see you take responsibility for the end to end Infrastructure Architecture on our large Oracle Cloud implementations, covering Oracle's OCI products set, Oracle PaaS and aspects of SaaS solutions too. Additionally, the role may encompass supporting pre-sales activities and the generation of go-to-market strategies across our UK business.
What you'll do
- You will work as a lead Cloud Architect on complex Cloud implementations. The role will also provide the opportunity to own and deliver Cloud Migration Assessments and Oracle Cloud Solutions across a range of industries. You will be given opportunities to gain exposure to wider Cloud offerings including those across Oracle's IaaS and PaaS portfolios but also in other public or private clouds where appropriate
- As a Cloud Infrastructure Architect, you will work closely with our account teams during sales pursuits - this will include leading on client presentations, drafting of RFP/ITT responses, estimating and also assisting during the contracting process
- You will obtain an opportunity to work in a leading role managing technical and development leads whilst retaining overall architecture responsibility
What you'll bring
- You will be a Cloud Infrastructure Architect with expertise across the spectrum of modern infrastructure such as Networking, Compute, Storage, Databases, Replication, Containerisation, Event Stream Processing and PaaS deployment, with a focus on Oracle technologies; you may have a background as an SME in one of these areas
- An understanding of modern Cloud-native infrastructure and development practices such as Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management tooling, DevOps tooling and practices as well as the evolution and operation of CI/CD. You should have an understanding, or working knowledge of Oracle Cloud (OCI), but an understanding of other platforms
- Experience of end to end project delivery and the associated implementation methodologies
- Strong communication skills and experience with Distributed Delivery experience (Off-Shore / On-Shore project delivery)
- The ability to build strong and fruitful client relationships and identify and develop opportunities for new business
- Passion and a genuine interest for Oracle Cloud technologies and products
- Capability, experience and passion to lead Oracle Cloud Assessments and Engagements with senior CXO level clients
- Awareness of Oracle's IaaS and PaaS strategy and portfolio with the ability to confidently articulate their relevance to customers' businesses
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: ...... click apply for full job details