On-site Infrastructure Engineer
Stevenage (3 month contract)
£200 a day
This is a brand new opportunity to work on client site for an IT Managed Services Provider (MSP) at their new customer in Stevenage. An experienced engineer you will have a mix of skills and be able to start immediately. Appluicants will need to have a curent DBS or be able to pass one quickly.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be part of a Managed Services Team onsite dealing with any P1 incidences, acting as an escalation point and the monitoring of client's infrastructure ecosystems. Within this team you'll be collaborating with like-minded Engineers, to question, work together and find solutions for complex and challenging situations that need to be resolved. This role will be predominantly based at the customer site in Stevenage and will work a 2 part day depending on of 06:30 - 15:00 and 15:00 - 23:00 Monday - Friday. Weekend work maybe required in the future.
Technology Skill Set
- Office 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Windows 10
- Intune / Autopilot
- CISCO - Switches / Routers / Firewalls
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide onsite and remote technical infrastructure support service
· Resolve issues in a competent manner, whilst communicating professionally with the customer and members of the Service Desk, Infrastructure and Professional Services teams
· To prioritise, progress and resolve technical queries and requests
· To be responsible for completing specific technical projects as designated by the Service Management Team e.g. projects, deployments, installs, moves, adds and changes
· Working knowledge of IT infrastructure support working across a range of up to data technologies including: Win Server Office 365, Exchange, Win 10, Active Directory, SCCM/WSUS/Datto RMM, Sophos, Mimecast and Cisco Umbrella.
· Understanding of Networking CISCO routing/switching/f.walls
· An understanding of how to carry out patching in a server room/office
· Previous experience working with BIO tech or pharmaceutical labs an advantage but not essential.
Interested, or know someone who would be ideal for the role? Get in contact with Jamie on to talk about this opportunity...... click apply for full job details