Network Infrastructure Sr. Network Engineer
Sr. Network Engineer responsible for providing senior-level network engineering leadership to ensure the overall stability, integrity, and efficiency of assigned system(s) infrastructure including engineering, implementation and integration, and technical service and support. Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve highly advanced complex issues in support of business processing requirements. Anticipates and mitigates potential attacks through network or other connections to ensure the security of the system. Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their architecture framework.
- Design, configure, and install various network devices and services, from routing, switching, and firewalls, which may require you to analyze anticipated bandwidth consumption for new clients, Properly set the scope and timelines of new projects to meet completion deadlines, which may be medium to large scale complex projects affecting the entire network. Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands and tasks and successfully manage multiple engagements that may require additional resources. Work within established configuration and change management (ITIL) policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure, including having experience vetting updates. Able to design and implement PCI and High Compliance Zones. Perform advanced network engineering level functions in support of a multi-site enterprise environment.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades ranging from patches/hot fixes to major network operating system updates. Plan system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning to ensure system availability and reliability. Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team.
- Provide senior level support and troubleshooting to resolve issues. Take a lead position to liaise with vendors, other IT personnel, or Incident Management for problem resolution. Interface with all levels of employees internally and within client businesses to support program requirements (business owners, project managers, customer employees and customers' executive management). Provide lead technical guidance to other IT professionals to correct problems encountered with network software and connectivity. Identify and implement work efficiencies through process improvement techniques.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Serves in a leadership role for the administration and maintenance of LAN/ WAN systems as directed by IT Management. Advanced familiarity with Cisco, Juniper, and Fortinet routing, switching, firewall equipment. Setup company sites for accessibility to software applications and customers.
- Management and reporting of circuit utilization with ongoing recommendations for optimal efficiency. Provide pro-active guidance, mentorship, leadership example, and recommendations to junior team members. Provide oversight and support in design, configuration, management and implementation of computer/network architectures/environments, including LAN, WAN, VOIP connectivity.
- Identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems and malfunctions related to LANs/WANs environments. Make decisions that are critical in the areas of throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning with potential to affect the successful execution of business transactions. Proactively researching and locating necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends as they develop.
High School Diploma or GED - Required
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience. - Required
Licenses or certifications (Cisco CCIE/CCDA/CCNP) - Preferred
Years: 7 - 10 years - Designing and engineering large enterprise network solutions
Additional details: • Proven hands-on network design and engineering experience, monitoring, network diagnostic, network analytics tools, and deep understanding of networking protocols
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills both verbally and in writing to all levels of employees.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people
- Takes leadership initiative to negotiate and solve conflicts and Incidents
- Expertise with entire Cisco router, switches, and firewalls devices and versions
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and issues as it relates to global enterprise network infrastructure
- Knowledge of advanced networking/routing protocols and concepts, network administration principles, and project management practices.
- Knowledge of OSI Model practices, industry best practices related to routing, security, IDS/IPS, Sniffers, QOS, and ACLs.
- Experience configuring routing protocols and technologies such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VPN, IPSEC, ICMP, NAT/PAT, VRF, VPC, and MPLS.
- Knowledge or experience designing and supporting a call center environment and/or applications and project management
- Establish detailed written procedures for network admin
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled
- provided by Dice