We are Global
We're proud to be one of the world's leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we're committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn't do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it's all about how you make people feel. It's our company ethos, our guiding belief and it's so much more than words. It's the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it's what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it's the reason we all love to work here.
Network Infrastructure Specialist Overview of job
We are looking for a Network Infrastructure Specialist to join a busy and capable Infrastructure Team that maintains the backbone of Global's Audio, Outdoor and Digital operations. Three best things about the job
Measures of success - In the first few months, you would have
- Working with industry specialists who love what they do and create a fun and team orientated environment in which to work and learn.
- Working with industry leading technology and hardware with direct support relationships with manufacturers.
- Supporting the amazing products that are used by over 30 million people.
Responsibilities of the role
- Understood the network structure and layout and be confident in being able to make modifications such as adding and removing peers or bringing a new link into service
- Read all available documentation and clarified any queries
- Understood and be able to use all existing monitoring and alerting tools
- Actively participating in vendor meetings and taking ownership of issues
- Spent time with all the people in the infrastructure team to understand the wider department challenges.
- Actively participated in the communities within Workplace to build relationships.
What you will need:
- This is an exciting and varied role working on systems that underpin the corporate networks, collaboration, and hosting environments on premise and in the cloud.
- The network we run supports our Radio output as well as connectivity to our Outdoor Digital signage estate. We maintain and configure all the internet connected services that support Global Player and our Web Hosting environment.
- You will be one of the specialists within the network team, capable of designing, troubleshooting, and diagnosing networks as the company expands and changes need. You will be configuring, supporting, and implementing projects with the support and guidance of the Network and Security Teams members.
- You will be working alongside software developers, broadcast engineers and support specialists. You will use service management techniques to resolve incidents and manage change.
- You will need to build effective working relationships throughout the business. There may be occasional travel to our UK broadcast centres. You will be required to participate in occasional events or emergency support outside of office hours.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, proactive and have an innate ability to fault find and provide detailed feedback during incidents whilst balancing project work.
You will also be willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, and have strong capabilities with the following:
- An expert knowledge of BGP, OSPF, MPLS and QoS
- Experience of working with ISP peering is advantageous
- Confident working with IPv6
- Strong familiarity of the public/private cloud model
- Ability in scripting and automation
- Cisco IOS and Extreme XOS, Experience required in either
- DDoS mitigation Techniques
- Checkpoint experience advantageous
- The ability to think creatively and see the bigger picture
- Vision to spot potential issues and contribute to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for innovative technology
- Boundless enthusiasm and dedication
- Highly organised with a great attention to detail
- Comfortable working alone on projects or being part of a team
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we cannot possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that's why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global